So I convinced Verizon to replace my 5th defective Storm with a Tour!!!!

I have had the Storm since the day at came out, and have had 5 units. I talked to a customer service rep and she was unable to help me.

I called back and talked to someone in the Blackberry technical support team and she was able to get me a Tour, but said I would have to renew for another 2 years and send my defective Storm back when I received the Tour.

Anyone have any opinions or information that should make me keep my Storm?
    -other than the screen size, because I know I will miss that
    -also I already know the charging port is awkward which I will live with
    -and I know that battery door is loose, something I delt with on the storm by putting a piece of card-stock behind my battery

Anything else I'm missing????
    07-16-09 09:18 AM
    Well to be quite frank you didn't convince anyone. VZW has a FRU policy that you met they HAD to offer you the tour. Welcome I ditched my storm and am not looking back. I do not miss the screen size at all.

Welcome to the TOUR!!!!!!
    07-16-09 09:20 AM
    I think you will be happy with the tour if you value a physical keyboard more than a large screen. This was big for me. I also prefer the trackball, rather than moving my finger around the screen; this makes it easier for one-hand operation.
    07-16-09 09:21 AM
    Well to be quite frank you didn't convince anyone. VZW has a FRU policy that you met they HAD to offer you the tour.
    Not necissarily. I hope you like the Tour, because you'll never get an offer like that again.

The best feature of the tour is also it's weakness. They gave the tour the same resolution if not better as the storm, so the sideways resolution of the storm is the same as the regular screen on the tour, so you can still view site and browse the same as the storm, but it's so freakin tiny if you didn't have good eyesight already it's not going to do much good for you.
    07-16-09 10:00 AM
    I don't miss the Storm at all. Once I got the Tour I never looked back
    07-16-09 10:04 AM
    But should I have to send my defective Storm back and re-sign another 2 years??????
    07-16-09 10:09 AM
    Anything else you should know to keep your Storm???? Do you live in a group home or something? You'd be totally insane to not take the Tour.
    07-16-09 10:11 AM
    But should I have to send my defective Storm back and re-sign another 2 years??????
    something tells me you didn't really need to replace your storm but just wanted the tour...if you have to ask if you should send it back or not then somethings not right.
    07-16-09 10:12 AM
    If you weren't happy with the Storm, then sure, why not?
    07-16-09 10:13 AM
    I dont understand... I must be lucky the first storm i had and many people I know have no problem wit it
    07-16-09 10:22 AM
    I understand what you mean though about signing another 2 years. It is almost like they have to throw you a catch just to replace your phone. But honestly I think it is worth it. What other carrier would you use anyway?
    07-16-09 10:29 AM
    Well if the storm worked and is the 9530 dual gsm/cdma and you liked nextel/sprint or Boost id trade one of my almost new curve 8350i phones for it but guess that is irrelavent since you sya its defective. The tour looks like a thicker narrower bold. so Id keep the storm.
    07-16-09 10:31 AM
    What was wrong with all your Storms?
    07-16-09 11:38 AM
    No, it should be one or the other.

If they move your upgrade date up, then you keep your Storm, purchase the Tour at the 2 year price, and sign a 2 year contract.

If they are doing it as a Multi-Fru, they exchange your Storm for a brand new Tour, you pay nothing, and they dont touch your contract date. However, your upgrade date might get pushed back by 2 years. This is not a definite though, as i've seen it happen where the upgrade date goesnt always get pushed back.
    07-16-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD