After it's all said and done, I got it for $168.
    dude thats flippin awesome. especially since the 2 yr upgrade is 199!

i emailed CS, awaiting an answer. not holding my breath.
    07-13-09 06:33 PM
    dude thats flippin awesome. especially since the 2 yr upgrade is 199!

i emailed CS, awaiting an answer. not holding my breath.
    Yeah. I managed to get a really good deal.
    I had ZERO luck with emailing VZW.

I suggest calling *611 ext. 341. You'll be prompted to enter your account password, and then you will be transfered to their Blackberry department.
    07-13-09 06:35 PM
    Yeah. I managed to get a really good deal.
    I had ZERO luck with emailing VZW.

I suggest calling *611 ext. 341. You'll be prompted to enter your account password, and then you will be transfered to their Blackberry department.
    hmm....i'll try that. i did call CS twice yesterday, but never requested a specific extension. i'll do that and update....
    07-13-09 06:39 PM
    hmm....i'll try that. i did call CS twice yesterday, but never requested a specific extension. i'll do that and update....
    Oh no. You don't suggest a extension.
    When you call, and the menu starts to be spilled, you just enter those numbers and it will take you to the Blackberry department.

You may have already understood that.
    Just from your post, I thought you meant you were going to call CS, and be like, "Extension 341 please "
    Haha. Which might work out fine, but I don't suggest it.
    07-13-09 06:41 PM
    rotfl
    07-13-09 06:47 PM
    No go. Said could not do anything except 339.00 price on 10-1-09.

Oh well..... although I still havent heard back from the email yet.

Guess I'll check the website again 10-1-09 and see what kind of discounts if any it offers me. If nothing else, I'll have a little more money saved up
    Last edited by wetherb67; 07-13-09 at 06:55 PM.
    07-13-09 06:52 PM
    No go. Said could not do anything except 339.00 price on 10-1-09.

Oh well..... although I still havent heard back from the email yet.
    Sorry to hear that.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the rep I had just messed up and gave me a better price.
    Because multiple times, she said "I'm sorry I can't give you 2-year pricing, but if you're still interested I'd love to go ahead and order you the phone."

And then the price came out to that and I didn't say anything.
    07-13-09 06:55 PM
    Sorry to hear that.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the rep I had just messed up and gave me a better price.
    Because multiple times, she said "I'm sorry I can't give you 2-year pricing, but if you're still interested I'd love to go ahead and order you the phone."

And then the price came out to that and I didn't say anything.
    Well, still have heard nothing from the email.

However, went to the local store today, which has just merged with an alltel store and is now VZW branded.

Was playing around with the Tour, so many folks there was a waiting list.

I got ready to leave, the guy told me I was next. I said "well I'm gonna get the tour but not today. Can't afford it."

He said how do you know? I told him I went to the website and gave him the info on my contract end date (10-1-10) and Told him that I thought there was some kind of thing about an annual upgrade or something a year out?

He said yeah, there is. So I asked flat out, so what if I come back to the store on 10-1-09? What do I get it for?

He said, you can get the Tour for $199, assuming the price doesn't change before then.

So, I'm good to go, just gotta wait for it!
    07-14-09 06:28 PM
    Well, still have heard nothing from the email.

However, went to the local store today, which has just merged with an alltel store and is now VZW branded.

Was playing around with the Tour, so many folks there was a waiting list.

I got ready to leave, the guy told me I was next. I said "well I'm gonna get the tour but not today. Can't afford it."

He said how do you know? I told him I went to the website and gave him the info on my contract end date (10-1-10) and Told him that I thought there was some kind of thing about an annual upgrade or something a year out?

He said yeah, there is. So I asked flat out, so what if I come back to the store on 10-1-09? What do I get it for?

He said, you can get the Tour for $199, assuming the price doesn't change before then.

So, I'm good to go, just gotta wait for it!
    Yay! Good to hear!
    07-15-09 04:31 AM
    I had the same contract end date as wetherb67, so I was 9 months plus a few days into my contract. The rep @ *611 was able to get me 1YR contract pricing. I spoke to my local store rep to see if they could honor that so I could get it the day it was released, she did me one better and got me a pair at 2YR contract pricing. So right at $200 each after rebate.

Thanks Verizon!
    07-15-09 07:25 AM
    I had the same contract end date as wetherb67, so I was 9 months plus a few days into my contract. The rep @ *611 was able to get me 1YR contract pricing. I spoke to my local store rep to see if they could honor that so I could get it the day it was released, she did me one better and got me a pair at 2YR contract pricing. So right at $200 each after rebate.

Thanks Verizon!
    Now dang it see, that's what ticks me off....

Two people in the same situation, you get 2 yr pricing now, yet I'm told I have to wait, depending on who you talk to. Forget the fact that I talked to CS on the phone 3 times, and in store once.

No offense, paul.r, but am I the only person who thinks that is wrong?
    Last edited by wetherb67; 07-15-09 at 07:15 PM.
    07-15-09 07:12 PM
    I was able to get the Tour using my discount VIP status. They gave it to me 3 months early, unfortunately it took me calling to cancel my service for them to give in. I have only had the Tour for about 8 hours now but I haven't had the faulty trackball or loose battery door problems. I am pretty happy with it.

Now I have to change my name to Quiet Before The Tour.
    07-15-09 07:27 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD