There was a debate in the other thread where some VZW users said its Sprint and not the Tour with the muffled issues. Well, I've had at least 20 other kinds of Sprint phones over the years with my Touch Pro and Curve being the latest over the past month, and no problems from them with this "sound issue"

My new Tour is on its way here to replace the one I have now. I have a feeling this will not fix the issue. So....Should I wait and hope the issue is fixed with an OS update? Or should I return it and go back to the Curve?

This is driving me nuts and I really would like to keep this phone
    07-22-09 11:20 AM
    This is not a sprint issue.. verizon people are having the same problems with call quality.. Some have said their replacement phones were better so who knows. That's up to you really.. You could return for your curve and wait till there's an update and see if that fixes the issue but I don't think it's every phone that's having a problem
    07-22-09 11:23 AM
    My first Tour was slightly muffled. The new one is much better. BTW, I'm on Verizon.
    07-22-09 11:24 AM
    On my first Tour and the sound quality is great. A few callers have asked if I was on a land line.

I think and believe its more of an individual phone problem. Don't listen to the Verizon kids, most look for any opportunity to bad mouth Sprint. It's like they get a toaster or a big red Cadillac if they recruit members to their cult.
    07-22-09 11:42 AM
    no problems here, sounds like a phone issue, not sprint
    07-22-09 11:42 AM
    has anyone been able to fix the muffled problem with their sprint tour, by exchanging it? im thinking about doing one, but since you can only exchange 1 time during your 30 days, im thinking about doing it at the last possible time to increase my chances of getting a "newer" unit

suggestions?
    07-22-09 11:50 AM
    Well, I shall let everyone know this evening when it gets here if this one is better. Hope it is
    07-22-09 12:02 PM
    has anyone been able to fix the muffled problem with their sprint tour, by exchanging it? im thinking about doing one, but since you can only exchange 1 time during your 30 days, im thinking about doing it at the last possible time to increase my chances of getting a "newer" unit

suggestions?
    The exchange only one time is BS. Especially if you wait til Agust 2nd to buy it from Radioshack or Best Buy. You can exchange it more than once, especially if they want to keep your business.
    Last edited by j_coyster; 07-22-09 at 01:18 PM.
    07-22-09 01:08 PM
    Yea I would hope since there are this many known issues that they will let me exchange it more than once. After what I've been through, I would have no problem canceling. There is actually a very nice gentleman handling my account from here on out and everything is fixed so far, except this phone issue. Its too bad because I love this phone!

I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    07-22-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD