Blackberries wake up out of sleep for the alarm to go off which is a great feature but if you turn off your phone after hitting snooze to avoid hearing all the email beeps will it come out of sleep again when the snooze comes on? It wouldn't this morning and I swear I did it this way every other morning by putting phone to sleep and snooze WOULD wake it. I had a feeling it was not coming back on when I saw the next wakeup time not show right before it powers down however I did see the zZZZzzZ. So I know it was in snooze and snooze actually sounded later on when I turned the unit back on. I might test it after a battery pull but I pulled it just last night so who knows. Can anyone confirm the snooze function still sounding after powering down? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 06:42 AM
    My fix for this was purchasing an application called ProfilerPRO. BlackBerry App World - ProfilerPRO - Automate sound profile switching

Among the many other settings, i have a specific one for "Sleeping". On weekdays, i have a setting for ProfilerPRO to activate the "phone calls only" profile during the hours of 10:30PM - 6:40am. That way my BB is still on for phone calls in case of emergency, but i do not get any other notifications during those hours, AND my BB is still on so it can wake me up and snooze.

Does this make sense?

Let me know if you have questions.
    12-23-09 09:52 AM
    Blackberries wake up out of sleep for the alarm to go off which is a great feature but if you turn off your phone after hitting snooze to avoid hearing all the email beeps will it come out of sleep again when the snooze comes on? It wouldn't this morning and I swear I did it this way every other morning by putting phone to sleep and snooze WOULD wake it. I had a feeling it was not coming back on when I saw the next wakeup time not show right before it powers down however I did see the zZZZzzZ. So I know it was in snooze and snooze actually sounded later on when I turned the unit back on. I might test it after a battery pull but I pulled it just last night so who knows. Can anyone confirm the snooze function still sounding after powering down? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I haven't been running 4.7 forever so not sure of the settings but the leaked 5.0s have settings that you can turn everything off while in bedside mode. The only function I leave on is the phone just in case. So I just set mine up to go bedside when charging......hopefully we get an official OS soon but the Leaked/Hybrid is working great for me so far.
    12-23-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD