I just got my Blackberry 9630, which I upgraded to from a 8830 World Edition. On my 8830 I was able to set the number of beeps for my SMS and BBM messages. It looks like on the 9630 you can only set the number of vibrates, with only a single tone. Is this correct? I find that I'm missing some of my texts because I only hear the phone beep once. Are you able to change not only the vibrate count but the beeps as well?

Cheers,

ZiPPy
    10-07-09 01:09 AM
    You can change the number of beeps under any profile you edit. everything is separate even if you add twitter or YM, or google talk....choose your ringtone or notifier and number of beeps as well as the volume for each individual program incluging sms, mms, and bbm
    10-07-09 01:12 AM
    if you can change the number of beeps on your tour, please let me know. That the one thing I that has changed from going from my curve to this tour. The sound profile menus have changed on the tour and there is no option to set the # of times the tones can go off.

There is no option for "number of rings" like the Curve or 8830. There is only an option for "vibration count" if you change the vibration option to "custom"
    10-07-09 01:30 AM
    Just bbm'd my buddy who has a sprint tour and he can do it
    10-07-09 01:34 AM
    Just bbm'd my buddy who has a sprint tour and he can do it
    can you post how your buddy did it? Describe where in the "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" option you go to so we can change the # of Rings?
    10-07-09 01:48 AM
    I have to agree with MykOne, I don't see an option for number of rings/beeps. It only gives you the option for number of vibrations.

Please let us know where your buddy made that change.

Thanks for the response!!!

Cheers,

ZiPPy
    10-07-09 01:42 PM
    Can't you use use a ringtone that is a series of beeps?
    10-07-09 03:27 PM
    I am using the Notifier_Greeter sound file. I like this file as it's calm and subtle, the other multiple ring type files I find very irritating.

ZiPPy
    10-07-09 04:32 PM
    I am on VZW with my tour and I HATE that I can't change the number of beeps.

I miss so many things. I have BerryBuzz but it's buggy as heck on my phone, even when it's disabled.

So can someone explain clearly how a Verizon user with the original OS can change the number of beeps on the phone?

Maybe to make it even more clear:

I get an SMS
    I select Lightspeed as my notifier sound
    I want to hear Lightspeed play 3 times

Is that possible and if so how? I was able to do it on my curve...

Thanks to the helpful folk out there, you keep this place full of knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 07:13 PM
    Wow!! I thought I was going to start this thread and have it totally be ignored, as if my issue/trouble is no big deal. But apparently I am not alone.

I really don't get it. Why would you have a setting for just 1 beep? That is begging for users to miss text messages. I personally listen for that 2nd or 3rd beep, as it could be somebody else or a similar sound. So those extra beeps is my 'for sure' if you will.

Berry guru's please let us know.

Cheers,

ZiPPy
    10-07-09 08:54 PM
    *bump*

Anybody???
    10-13-09 01:35 AM
    Idk about on the 4.7 OS but I just checked and 5.0 has the option

10-13-09 02:19 AM

Maybe its time to update os?

10-13-09 02:25 AM
    Is there an app for that?

I think I saw something in BlackBerry App World that had this capability. I could be wrong, just trying to be helpful though.
    10-13-09 02:40 AM
    Not sure, berrybuzz gives you the ability to set a reminder AKA you get an sms and don't hear it you can set it to play the beep for the missed sms every 2 min til you check it. But that's a bit different from this particular question.

10-13-09 02:47 AM
    you need to update to the leaked OS5.0

the OS4.7 that comes with the Tour doesn't have that option
    10-13-09 02:56 AM
    Aha! I was looking for another app and found the one that I thought I saw the one I was referring to, which is the same one J_lacolla is speaking of. According to the overview you can extend the default alert system.

"BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customze the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

Plus it adds customizable vibrate for incoming calls. Finally you can have your BlackBerry vibrate while it is ringing."

BerryBuzz 2.1 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    10-13-09 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD