I love the OS but for some reason my typing freezes in the middle of writing an SMS message.
    Im also having other issues like: when I go to a contact and go to MENU and then SMS Contact, nothing happens. I have to do that 2 or 3 times until it takes me to the SMS screen.

Finally, sometimes I get the SMS screen with no place to type!

Any solution to these issues?
    10-23-09 09:42 PM
    Which phone are you running 5.0 OS on?

If you have a leaked verison sometimes there not always complete and may be missing some compontent and that is why your SMS is freezing...
    10-23-09 09:45 PM
    Which phone are you running 5.0 OS on?

If you have a leaked verison sometimes there not always complete and may be missing some compontent and that is why your SMS is freezing...
    I really do need to update my USER CP...im on the Tour.

When is the official version supposed to be released on Verizon?
    10-23-09 09:46 PM
    leaks are the complete version of the OS....they are no different than if the carrier released it as an official.
    10-23-09 09:47 PM
    leaks are the complete version of the OS....they are no different than if the carrier released it as an official.
    So you have no freeze up issues with SMS on 5.0?
    10-23-09 09:48 PM

This is what was said about 5.0 on CrackBerry. All leaked OS should be installed at own risk.

*OS Disclaimer - This is an unofficial release. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk and only if you're comfortable in the process of upgrading and downgrading your device software. It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. They are not always better. Depending on your BlackBerry comfort level, it may be best for you to wait for community feedback on a build before deciding to download and install for yourself or simply wait for the next official release
    10-23-09 09:50 PM
    Then why isn't it out now if its the same thing? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:52 PM
    Leaked: OS 5.0.0.273 for the BlackBerry Tour 9630 | CrackBerry.com

If you ready people's comments there phone is freezing up also. You are not exaclty corrent about the leaks being the exact one. It's still under testing.
    10-23-09 09:53 PM
    Then why isn't it out now if its the same thing? Lol

I agree with you. He is wrong, they are not the exact same things.
    10-23-09 09:54 PM
    Well, as long as other people are experiencing similar issues, then im content knowing its not my device and its OS related.
    10-23-09 09:58 PM
    Yeh, I mean thats normal. It's not always going to be perfect. It's not a very BIG issue. Just a little bug that needs to be fixed.
    10-23-09 09:59 PM
    i get the same issue with no place to type with some contacts SMS logs, usually when i have to start a new chat... I end up having to add the person to BBM5 as a SMS contact and then text through that.

os 5.0.0.230 on VZW curve 8330
    Last edited by K_Rich10; 10-23-09 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added OS info
    10-23-09 10:05 PM
    I agree with you. He is wrong, they are not the exact same things.
    If Verizon/Sprint/Telus, etc. decide to release 5.0.0.230 as the official release, then yes...it is the exact same OS as the leaked version of 5.0.0.230. Now, I don't think that will be the release version, but if a .3xx leak comes out soon, it will more than likely be the version that the carriers release. A leaked OS and an official OS that have the same build number ARE exactly the same.
    10-23-09 10:22 PM
    If Verizon/Sprint/Telus, etc. decide to release 5.0.0.230 as the official release, then yes...it is the exact same OS as the leaked version of 5.0.0.230. Now, I don't think that will be the release version, but if a .3xx leak comes out soon, it will more than likely be the version that the carriers release. A leaked OS and an official OS that have the same build number ARE exactly the same.
    I want to confirm that you are correct. This is just beating a dead horse. No matter how many times it is stated you got someone that knows nothing or right next to nothing thinking they know differently about how RIM does the OS build numbers. If an OS is leaked and has this build number and the carrier released that same build number it would be the exact same OS. If anything was changed in it then it would be a higher build number as something was changed in the OS that is different than was in the change logs.
    10-23-09 11:03 PM
    I get freeze ups on the Tour during SMS or BB messenger without OS 5.0. I have official 4.7.1.57 OS and it still freezes up.
    10-23-09 11:09 PM
    Mine has been doing something similar. Or I notice I will hit a key and it never does anything. Then I press a few more times and it works. I love 5.0, but I think I will be downgrading until a newer and possibly official release comes out.
    10-23-09 11:41 PM
    So the leak is out now...it could be, and probably will be months before its officially released. So they just let it sit there on the shelf to collect dust?...then say well I think today is a good day, let's drop it. I don't get it.

10-23-09 11:42 PM
    The leaks go through various stages of testing. From what I understand the carriers pick them out of a pool and hope its a good build.

But to stay on subject. Yes. I have that problem if I do not reboot/batt pull every morning.

10-23-09 11:49 PM
    I have the same problems as above. Also sometimes when sending an sms to someone for the first time it will send 2 or 3 copies of the original message. Their reply will come as a seperate conversation. If I reply to that conversation all is well, if I use the original one I started, all my messages are doubles. I've learned to avoid this by not closing sms chats, just deleting the messages within them.

10-24-09 03:03 AM
    I love the OS but for some reason my typing freezes in the middle of writing an SMS message.
    Im also having other issues like: when I go to a contact and go to MENU and then SMS Contact, nothing happens. I have to do that 2 or 3 times until it takes me to the SMS screen.

Finally, sometimes I get the SMS screen with no place to type!

Any solution to these issues?
    hey me too, exactly!
    10-24-09 03:43 AM
    .230 is full of small bugs like these...

thats why .230 will never be official though from verizon.

also, a leaked OS is the same as an official OS, there is no change in the OS at all....

by the way, the 5.0.230 did not pass many test which is why it wont become official to everyone here... where not even suppose to have these leaked versions..
    10-24-09 07:04 AM
    I have .230 on my Tour as well, and have NO problems at all. If anything, this is the best OS I've had with any BB.

When I first installed it, I tried to do it through DM and then did it through Loader.exe.

I had nothing but problems...almost full meltdown. Then it worked, but it was buggy. Couldnt take it. So I WIPED the device you JL Commander, and reinstalled.

Don't use DM.

It was a fast install when I did it this way.

Then I added each app back manually, and then did a restore for my data.

This OS is awesome. No lag, no freezes, none of that.

I think the key is in wiping the bb first. I've seen numerous other posts comnplaining about the same things and the ones who have had no problem are the ones who wiped their device.

Give it a shot. The OS is worth the extra hour.
    10-24-09 07:17 AM
    i get the same issue with no place to type with some contacts SMS logs, usually when i have to start a new chat... I end up having to add the person to BBM5 as a SMS contact and then text through that.

os 5.0.0.230 on VZW curve 8330
    Exact same problem here, except on a Sprint Tour, I figured it was a 5.0.0.230 bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Yes if the carriers decided to use 5.0.0.230 it could become official, but I can't see any carrier doing this, for a new OS version there are very few bugs I can see, but the ones that exist would be show stoppers for most normal users.

That said it is much faster then the 4.6 OS it came with, and no freezing.
    10-24-09 08:21 AM
    I may have the solution to your problem.

First check the profile of the tel# and see if it's under MOBILE. If it isn't under mobile, it will freeze.
    10-24-09 08:26 AM
    I may have the solution to your problem.

First check the profile of the tel# and see if it's under MOBILE. If it isn't under mobile, it will freeze.
    ?? is that a Telus thing or what? I never heard of that before, maybe becuase I'm on Verizon.
    10-24-09 09:26 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD