Just spoke to 2 friends at VZM stores and was promised the Tour the first day it comes out. But is it a good idea? Should I just stick to my good old trusted 8830 for a bit longer until bugs and problems with first batch get worked out? I can not be without BB even a day, so the idea of having to deal with problems, then wait for replacement if something serious isn't too attractive...

Thoughts?
    06-30-09 09:02 AM
    This is right up RIM's alley. I would be shocked if there were any serious bugs with this device. I'm trying to get my company to order me one right away!
    06-30-09 09:04 AM
    Just spoke to 2 friends at VZM stores and was promised the Tour the first day it comes out. But is it a good idea? Should I just stick to my good old trusted 8830 for a bit longer until bugs and problems with first batch get worked out? I can not be without BB even a day, so the idea of having to deal with problems, then wait for replacement if something serious isn't too attractive...

Thoughts?
    you do have a 30 day return policy if there is a problem.
    06-30-09 09:06 AM
    i kind of agree with you about any possible bugs since i usually watch any device being introduce for a short spell until i jump in. my ne2 isn't till aug 14 so i have no choice BUT RIM has a good track record with the only real exception being the storm so if i could i would get it day one. saying this i just realized RIM one real mess was with VZW, i hope this is not a trend.
    06-30-09 09:10 AM

Thoughts?
    Of course there is always a risk with getting the first of anything, but I really doubt there will be any major bugs with this one. There have been enough reviews and people owning prerelease models that I have 0 concerns. The Storm was buggy from the start and the reviews showed that.
    06-30-09 09:18 AM
    This phone, unlike the Storm, was not rushed to market. It is what RIM has been doing for years and, according to our super-sources, has a rock solid OS. Journalists who have used it say that it is a very snappy device.
    06-30-09 09:40 AM
    I would imagine that after the Storm, to quote my wife "what the F is wrong with this thing?", they are very reluctant to have another bad launch and have checked the Tour over and over and over again.
    06-30-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD