I would love an app that simply lets you wipe your phone remotely if it is ever lost/stolen. Not sure I need all of the other things that Smart Guard offers (i.e., tracking, back up, etc.). Is Smart Guard the best route or do you know of any other apps that would simply wipe the phone remotely?
    07-28-09 01:16 PM
    I would love an app that simply lets you wipe your phone remotely if it is ever lost/stolen. Not sure I need all of the other things that Smart Guard offers (i.e., tracking, back up, etc.). Is Smart Guard the best route or do you know of any other apps that would simply wipe the phone remotely?
    SmrtGuard is worth the money....no question about it. People complain about the price of smrtguard which is $3.99/month but it has been my experience that it is well worth it. MobileMe for the iPhone is $99/year and people flock to it.
    07-28-09 01:30 PM
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of ggod things about Smart Guard. Do you know of any other apps that remotely wipe only?
    07-28-09 01:44 PM
    If you're on BES you probably have the option to remote wipe from the Enterprise software/server. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it exists.
    07-28-09 01:45 PM
    I'm sure it is worth every penny when you lose your phone or need that last back up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:46 PM
    Just put a password on your BB and it will wipe itself after 10 incorrect password entries (or whatever you set it to).
    07-28-09 01:46 PM
    Good call on the password. It's kind of a pain to keep putting one in, but that's an easy (and cheap) way to accomplish the same.
    07-28-09 02:24 PM
    I personally like smrtguard. It is well worth the money. It also allows you to remotely track it. One time my friends thought it would be funny for me to be without my storm for a day or two and took it. I was pretty upset because i didnt know who took it so i went home and logged into smrtguards website and enabled the gps tracking on it. Turns out the GPS showed one of my friends house so i went over and got it back. So its worth the money for if when ( hopefully never ) someone steals your phone or you just have stupid friends.
    07-28-09 02:29 PM
    Does a password wipe erase the sd card as well?
    07-28-09 02:30 PM
    SmrtGuard is worth the money....no question about it. People complain about the price of smrtguard which is $3.99/month but it has been my experience that it is well worth it. MobileMe for the iPhone is $99/year and people flock to it.
    Yeah, and mobileme isn't used only for wiping your phone, did you forget about webmail and contact syncing and file sharing/storage, and your own web page? Plus they're not charging anymore for the find my iphone feature, its now included

07-28-09 03:10 PM
    Worth every penny! You can even remote listen. That means if someone has your phone, you can go online, have it call you and hear what's being said in the room. Without them knowing! Even when it's in the holster, the sound is loud and clear. Amazing! I've tested it out and it works.

08-16-09 12:36 AM
    No ****?!!! ^

that is pretty spectacular if so, even if the phone is locked (set to auto lock)??
    08-16-09 02:05 AM
    10-08-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD