Anyone experience extremely slow blackberry browser website loading speeds with .419?
    I upgraded from 4.7 US-Cellular to 5.0 MTS Mobility release phone never ran better except for browser surfing. I downgraded back to 4.7 problem solved any one got any ideas?
    02-05-10 01:58 PM
    I agree. Gets stuck "requesting" for a long time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 02:09 PM
    Yep that is exactly what i got here. anyone got a solution? I cleared all the cache's but to no avail .
    02-05-10 02:24 PM
    the browser is a lot faster running any kind of 5.0 let a lone .419 which is even faster compared to 4.7 not sure what your issue is
    02-05-10 02:39 PM
    I haven't had any problems with my browser .419 as a matter of fact sometimes I can render a site quicker on my Tour than my hubby 9700 using his wi-fi ( no stuff)

02-05-10 03:21 PM
    Just like fixmynova said it gets stuck requesting on almost all sites i attempt to visit. 4.7 can load them in about 1 min , 5.0 takes almost a a full 5 mins if not longer .
    02-05-10 03:41 PM
    i've got the same problem. almost makes 5.0 not worth it.
    02-05-10 05:33 PM
    If you want browser speed... try running one of the popular hybrids. It took me a few months to even try any 5.0 leaks and shortly after I was swapping hybrids like crazy. The driphter 5.1 hybrid I am running right now is awesome, not just the browser either, the whole phone works flawlessly and battery usage is very low. Here is one of my speed tests after installing the hybrid, running the OEM 4.7 I was lucky to top 500kbits/s.
    02-05-10 11:46 PM
    Dv5.1 is in fact the best solution. More than tripled my browser speed... nearly no time requesting
    02-05-10 11:50 PM
    Dv5.1 is in fact the best solution. More than tripled my browser speed... nearly no time requesting
    AMEN to that!!!!!!!
    02-05-10 11:52 PM
    anyone know where i can find exact instructions to install driphter DV5.1? went to BBH how to section but the links are down.
    02-09-10 09:05 AM
    I guess I'll give DV5.1 a try too... But anyone who has instructions that would be great!

02-09-10 09:11 AM
    My browser seems faster on .419. All of the 5.0 leaks increased my broswer speed from 4.7 as well. That's odd that people are getting mixed results.

02-09-10 09:21 AM
    Look into one of the Hybrids I will not try to tell you what one is better. There are several great ones out right now. But I can tell you they will speed it up a lot. Mine loads within a few seconds. I just checked this site 11 seconds from click till fully loaded.
    02-09-10 09:29 AM
    You're 3 best options in current .419 hybrids are..... Irtehun's 8.1, Driphter's 6.1, 1_2 Many's 4.1. To be honest, they should all yield fast browser results as well as great overall OS performance. All three are great hybrid builders.

As far as installations go, you can try reading through some of the walk through's here --> How To (I checked the links, they worked fine). You can also read through this tutorial which was put together by a CB user that's pretty comprehensive --> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/he...t-time-342461/

Please don't hesitate to post here if you have any other questions.
    02-09-10 10:15 AM
    You're 3 best options in current .419 hybrids are..... Irtehun's 8.1, Driphter's 6.1, 1_2 Many's 4.1. To be honest, they should all yield fast browser results as well as great overall OS performance. All three are great hybrid builders.
    What are the main differences between the three hybrids? What should I look for in picking one over the other? Is it possible to run hybrids over each other?
    02-09-10 11:14 AM
    Its possible to do but you will be defeating all the testing the builders did making sure it all works together. The best thing to do is pick one of the top rated ones. Install it give it a few days to settle in. See what you think about it take some good notes. Then load up a new one find the one that works best for you. The Carrier the signal you get at you location how you use the phone all will add up as to what one will work best for you. There is not one that is heads above all the others in all situations.
    02-09-10 11:45 AM
    The following is based solely on my opinion.

First and foremost, as I mentioned before, I do not think you can go wrong with any of the three. All three are great builders IMO and I have ran stuff by all three. Generally speaking, 1_2 Many is a Sprint user, so many Sprint users tend to like his stuff as they know if it work's well on his phone, it will work well on theirs. Along the same lines, Driphter is a VZW user, so many VZW users enjoy his hybrids as they have VZW perks (3G symbol, among others). Irtehun's been building hybrids the longest, as far as I know, and he is also the most esteemed builder of the three. Rather, he has the best reputation.

Again, this is just based on my opinion and experience alone, but I have found that Driphter's hybrids usually do a great job of blending speed and battery life. Two of my favorite hybrids, Dv2 and Dv4, yielded me the best battery life I've ever experienced. 1_2 seems to think outside of the box and tends to be willing to try things that others would not or have not thought about doing before. These ideas have created some of the biggest advancement's in hybrid building we've seen recently. His builds utilize these great ideas and almost always turn out stellar. Irt's builds seem to be the most well-rounded and stable. There is typically minimal to zero memory leaks. I don't mean to ignore the speed as his newest hybrid is really fast.

Once again, these are all based on my experiences while using a VZW phone. Thanks to all three of them and kudos for all of their great work. I can't choose for you however. The best advice I can give you is go with one you're itnerested in and judge for yourself. SpeedTest and MeterBerry are two great utilities you can use to help you monitor which hybrid gives you the best results.
    02-09-10 11:46 AM
    Oh, by the way, I would not recommend blending hybrids unless you are trying to create your own hybrid. Typically, overlaying one hybrid over the other will simply overwrite the original hybrid and do nothing. You will just be running the most recent hybrid you installed.
    02-09-10 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the feedback willyboy. I'm probably going to try out Dv6.1. The only reason I'm hesitant is because I don't want to constantly be wiping and reloading. Loading all my apps takes a while and I really don't have time, nor the patience, to do that at least three separate times within a few days. But then again, chances are the first hybrid I use will be better than stock .419, so there's really nothing to lose.
    02-09-10 11:57 AM
    I switched to 5.0 yesterday and I'm noticing that my browser is very slow as well! It takes forever, especially when loading images. I'm starting to wonder if those ATT commercials have a point when comparing speed to VZW! But I'm going to stick with big red and maybe give a hybrid a try....once I can figure out how to do it. I went to the BBH site to look about the Dv6 but it's all like Chinese to me at this point!!
    02-09-10 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the feedback willyboy. I'm probably going to try out Dv6.1. The only reason I'm hesitant is because I don't want to constantly be wiping and reloading. Loading all my apps takes a while and I really don't have time, nor the patience, to do that at least three separate times within a few days. But then again, chances are the first hybrid I use will be better than stock .419, so there's really nothing to lose.
    I am sure that it will be better than stock, as in my experiences, mostly all hybrids are. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or run in to any snags.
    02-09-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD