My Blackberry Tour is so slow and it takes forever to load or open anything.
    Is there some kinda software or program that i can download that could make it faster or what can i do??
    Thanx
    12-18-09 03:23 PM
    All you need to do is re-boot. hit alt, the rt side cap key and delete. IN 3 minutes your phone will be back up and faster than ever. Also make sure to download the latest operating update from your wireless manager.
    Rilee.NY.Mullins likes this.
    12-18-09 03:29 PM
    If that works try installing Quickpull. I have my BB scheduled to do a reboot every Saturday morning at 5 am while I am asleep.
    12-18-09 03:31 PM
    sorry but wats the rt side cap key?
    12-18-09 04:47 PM
    Thanx for your help
    12-18-09 04:48 PM
    sorry but wats the rt side cap key?
    The right side cap lock key by the sym button.
    12-18-09 04:52 PM
    ok so nothing happened .. it just deleted a file i made
    12-18-09 05:04 PM
    If that works try installing Quickpull. I have my BB scheduled to do a reboot every Saturday morning at 5 am while I am asleep.
    Why not just schedule it to reboot every night while you are asleep? I do and I never have problems with my phone.
    12-18-09 05:05 PM
    how do u do the schdeuling thing?
    12-18-09 05:05 PM
    within quickpull, you can schedule it to restart at a certain time.
    12-18-09 05:10 PM
    you dont need quickpull, all you do is hold the "alt" key on the left side, hold the right side shift key (which is the last button, on the bottom row, all the way to the right) and then hit the "del" (delete) key.

alt+shift+del=reboot

you want to make sure you keep holding each button until you hit "del", and then if done correctly the device will show a white screen for a split second, and start a reboot

i do this instead of battery pulls to free up my memory, and it works great
    12-18-09 05:26 PM
    Are you keeping apps running that you aren't using? By hitting the red button you are NOT closing the app. If you didn't know this. I've known so many people with BB who keep a million apps running and wonder why it's so slow. Go to the menu and close out the app after you get through using it. Unless it's something you need running in the background. And your bb will be fast. To see what's running on your tour right now hold the BB button down or push alt and the bb button at the same time.
    12-18-09 09:23 PM
    I like the quickpull app btw but I don't use it anymore because I got two batteries and when one runs dead I go to the other one that has been charged in an external charger.

So it gets it's a reboot each time I need a fresh battery.
    12-18-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD