For those of you trying to use slingbox with the Tour..............for many, this version:

xxxx://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_bold_EN_US.jad

worked pretty well until the 5.0 update. I recently got another software update sent straight to my phone, from Verizon, OS v5.0.0.732. The above version of sling is working very well with that OS. Make sure you uninstall any previous version of sling you have on the blackberry, even if it IS the above version.

Download it again. Everything works fine for me, except there is a 7-10 second lag when changing stations. I am using an old Slingbox Tuner.
    07-01-10 10:43 AM
    I downloaded this to my PC but cannot install it on my Blackberry. Would you mind explaining how to do this or point me to a thread with instructions.

Thanks
    07-01-10 11:26 AM
    You need to put that link into your BB and download it directly to yor BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:44 AM
    Or save the link as a word document on your PC..........then send it as an attachment to an e-mail address you can access on your Tour. Open the attachment in the e-mail on your Tour and follow along..........it will download. If you're using OS v5.0.0.732, it should work. Just make sure you delete any version of slingbox that's on your phone, even if it's the version you are downloading again. For some reason, you have to start with a clean slate.
    07-01-10 12:26 PM
    You need to put that link into your BB and download it directly to yor BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, that worked.

Another question if you don't mind. When I start the program on my BB, it says there is a new version of slingplayer mobile available. Is it safe to upgrade or will it not work?
    07-01-10 04:44 PM
    Don't download the other version it asks you about. It won't work.
    07-02-10 09:28 AM
    I'm still getting this message:

SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please check the internet connection on your phone and try again.

I know my internet connection is fine. Please help!
    07-02-10 07:30 PM
    This is GREAT info THANKS!

Any clue if this works with the .643 OS build? (I would LOVE to be able to get my Sling onto my Blackberry Tour!)
    07-02-10 10:10 PM
    This seems to be working on .662, although it looks like I've only got control of the built-in tuner, and can't switch to the other input (my DVR). Is that normal for the mobile slingbox player?

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. It worked great the first time I loaded it up, but since then I can't get past the optimizing part. Are any of you guys using a Slingbox Pro HD or on a Slingbox Solo?
    Last edited by tnt118; 07-03-10 at 04:30 AM.
    07-03-10 04:05 AM
    I'm still getting this message:

SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please check the internet connection on your phone and try again.

I know my internet connection is fine. Please help!
    Ok, let me ask this. What should the internet options on my phone be in order to get this to work? I bought the slingbox to have on my phone and will return it if I can't get it to work. However my time is running out.
    07-04-10 01:02 PM
    Hey all, I think I may have some very good news. From a post in the 9650 forum, I got Slingplayer Mobile to work and have been using it for about 2 hours so far today. BTW I'm on .662.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/has...03/index3.html

Post #32

It involves manually editing a jad file, putting it and a slew of .cod files on the sd card, and installing it from there.

gotitans: the only suggestions I have are going into application permissions, and making sure everything is set to "allow". Also, in the slingplayer settings, it is set for "mobile" connection and APN settings are not checked. Just sayin' what works for me.
    Last edited by tnt118; 07-04-10 at 02:31 PM.
    07-04-10 02:27 PM
    I gave up on using Sling on my BB. It never stays connected for more than a few minutes and the quality is horrible.

I'm interested in the latest post but there's too much involved in getting that working for a noob like myself.
    07-05-10 09:44 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/has...03/index3.html

Post #32

It involves manually editing a jad file, putting it and a slew of .cod files on the sd card, and installing it from there.
    I did this and it worked!!!
    07-05-10 06:39 PM
    OK I tried this and was finally able to make it work. The connection and picture are much better. The only problem I'm having is that it disconnects when I use the keyboard to change the channel. It works fine when I use favorites though so no big deal. I'm going to give it a good test over the next couple of days for the World Cup games.
    Last edited by jmz768; 07-05-10 at 10:03 PM.
    07-05-10 08:40 PM
    OK I tried this and was finally able to make it work. The connection and picture are much better. The only problem I'm having is that it disconnects when I use the keyboard to change the channel. It works fine when I use favorites though so no big deal. I'm going to give it a good test over the next couple of days for the World Cup games.
    What OS are you running? It's working well on mine with .662 (and I hear it is fine on the latest official from Verizon, also) .... however, on my wife's phone, which is still running an older OS, the same thing happens where it disconnects while changing a channel.

(It also reboots her entire phone if I log in from anywhere else, kicking her out of Slingplayer Mobile. Just need to upgrade her OS next weekend to take care of that.)
    07-06-10 08:17 AM
    I'm on .732 for Verizon.
    07-06-10 08:29 AM
    Great to know Thanks
    07-07-10 07:49 AM
    I tried using Sling today for the Germany vs Spain game and the quality was horrible with constant disconnects after a few minutes. Not sure if it's a Verizon thing or something with the player but it was unusable. I'm giving up for now and deleting it from my phone.

Slingplayer worked perfectly on my old Sprint HTC Diamond, not sure why it's so difficult to get it working on a BB.
    07-07-10 04:29 PM
    Any updates on the functionality of this with >732 (or .634) OS builds?

I would definitely consider the upgrade to .732 (go through the PITA arse process again) IF I knew for certain it would work 100% for me...

This is good stuff guys - thank you!
    07-13-10 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD