Hi all,

I've just about had it up to *here* with the BB. I don't know if I'm bad luck or what, but after going through four 8300's, and being on my second Tour, I can't really understand these problems anymore.

Recently, I've been having battery drain problems and not having a great time getting reception, similar to these folks.

Then, a couple of nights ago, I try to take a picture with my Berry, only to discover a "Cannot Save. File System Error (6)" message. All images on my memory card GONE. I occasionally get a "Would you like to repair the damaged memory card?" message, but the operation always fails.

And, to top it all off, the phone has been rebooting itself like crazy as of last night. When I try to unlock the phone, it just reboots itself. Then I have to wait 10 minutes for it to come back to life. So, what gives? Any suggestions?

I'm not doing anything crazy with the phone. I close out my apps when I'm not using them so they aren't eating up background processor time, I don't store it in a fish tank, it's practically like new! I'm quite distraught. Thanks for any suggestions!
    04-25-10 03:04 PM
    Ok sounds like part memory card issue, there are several threads on how to beef up battery life.
    04-25-10 03:21 PM
    Hi all,

I've just about had it up to *here* with the BB. I don't know if I'm bad luck or what, but after going through four 8300's, and being on my second Tour, I can't really understand these problems anymore.

Recently, I've been having battery drain problems and not having a great time getting reception, similar to these folks.

Then, a couple of nights ago, I try to take a picture with my Berry, only to discover a "Cannot Save. File System Error (6)" message. All images on my memory card GONE. I occasionally get a "Would you like to repair the damaged memory card?" message, but the operation always fails.

And, to top it all off, the phone has been rebooting itself like crazy as of last night. When I try to unlock the phone, it just reboots itself. Then I have to wait 10 minutes for it to come back to life. So, what gives? Any suggestions?

I'm not doing anything crazy with the phone. I close out my apps when I'm not using them so they aren't eating up background processor time, I don't store it in a fish tank, it's practically like new! I'm quite distraught. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Call Sprint and yell at them.... that's what I do anyway. In all seriousness though, it sounds like there is an issue with the device itself (in my humble, and admittedly un-knowledgeable, opinion) because there are problems with 2+ separate areas: the battery, the memory (card?), and possibly something wrong with the booting mechanism. Are you still under warranty or within the 30 day period? If so, exchange it. It sounds like you are having a host of problems that won't simply be fixed by swapping the memory card or switching to a new battery.... Best of luck!
    04-25-10 04:43 PM
    Call Sprint and yell at them.... that's what I do anyway. In all seriousness though, it sounds like there is an issue with the device itself (in my humble, and admittedly un-knowledgeable, opinion) because there are problems with 2+ separate areas: the battery, the memory (card?), and possibly something wrong with the booting mechanism. Are you still under warranty or within the 30 day period? If so, exchange it. It sounds like you are having a host of problems that won't simply be fixed by swapping the memory card or switching to a new battery.... Best of luck!
    I'm hoping I'm still covered by the warranty. Way outside of the 30 days unfortunately. Also starting to notice the GPS is becoming very inaccurate. Like, several miles off at times. It's quite strange. I feel like the device is self-destructing. Poor thing.

Thanks
    04-26-10 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD