One of my guys wants to set up his 9650 to allow phone calls and 1 single SMS contact to come through during the night, using Bedside Mode and custom profiles. I have been playing around with this for the better part of two days, and can, of course, setup a profile to allow phones calls and SMS through, but ALL SMS comes through. I have tried to set up a custom alert for the contact to get allowed through, then turned all sound off for SMS, and that is just what happened - no alert.

So, what am I missing here, or is this even possible.

I am still digging, but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anybody else has figured this out.

Thanks...
    01-04-11 04:49 PM
    Make sure for the Contact Alert you set the volume to something other than "Active Profile".
    01-04-11 05:12 PM
    I think that did it! At least on my device, a Tour, it works. Now I need to get a hold of the other device and set it up.

Thanks MAMA!
    01-04-11 05:26 PM
    Make sure for the Contact Alert you set the volume to something other than "Active Profile".
    MM as usual you not only beat me to the answer but you were right as well...lol

Jan
    01-04-11 06:02 PM
    OK - set up the guys Bold, and he was extremely please and said thank you several times. When I told him, "Don't thank me, thank Motorcycle Mama", I got one of those looks I wish I had a camera ready for. Classic.

Anyhow, all is good, and thanks!
    01-05-11 04:01 PM
    That is why MM has been thanked so many times and lives here...lol You have seen her post count right?

Anyway many people including me benefit from her advice even if I did not know or want to know something I will read something she posted that I have learned.

It what makes this forum so great. Thanks MM
    01-05-11 06:13 PM
    You guys are great. Thanks for your kind words.
    Blackfeet likes this.
    01-05-11 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD