We of course expect our expensive technologies to be without flaw -especially from an engineering perspective- yet flaws do arise. As much as I personally am not so much a fan of the overall battery cover design on the Tour, one common complaint has been that the battery covers on some Tours are "loose". I found this to be the case with mine, and while the up-and-down, slightly left-to-right play on the battery cover was minor, it became noticeable and somewhat aggravating.
    A simple fix is to stick a small piece of black electrical tape on the very top edge of the inside of the battery cover. Might take a few tries to get it perfect, but it's cheap and easy, and now my battery cover has no play whatsoever. Heres a picture of mine (taken w/ tour camera at night):
    Last edited by Chop10; 07-16-09 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Better picture :)
    07-16-09 01:07 AM
    Awesome write up for this fix. Thanks
    07-16-09 01:17 AM
    What I did with my Bold loose cover was a cut out of a used parcel envelope which is thicker than normal envelopes and have some traces of glue. So I'll stick that like as if its some double sided tape on the cover right above the battery and it neatly fits. Else just glue a few namecards on the battery cover above the battery. Works good!
    07-16-09 01:24 AM
    this one seems good too. I'll have to try all of them and see which one i like the best. Thanks to all
    07-16-09 01:26 AM
    i just did somethin similar to that

i took some pipe sealers thread (that thin white tape that comes in a roll that you put on pipe threads to seal em) and placed 4 pieces on the cover, 1 on the top, 1 on the bottom and 1 on each side. put the cover back on and its much more snug. still a bit of up and down play it in but its significantly less.
    07-16-09 01:28 AM
    Little confused and I do not see your picture

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 01:48 AM
    Little confused and I do not see your picture

And you won't... not from the WAP site.
    07-16-09 01:52 AM
    The tape trick seems to have worked. It really cut down the movement. Thank you very much for the tip. I don't know why they didn't make the back solid like it is on my 8900...
    07-16-09 02:23 AM
    The tape trick seems to have worked. It really cut down the movement. Thank you very much for the tip. I don't know why they didn't make the back solid like it is on my 8900...
    Glad it worked! I imagine this way would work with duct tape or a few layers of clear tape as well. It appears some other folks on the forums have found other solutions that seem to work well also. -Agreed, the cover should have been a bit more solid
    07-16-09 02:31 AM
    Thanks, fixed my (minor) problem.
    07-16-09 11:33 AM
    I did this and I have absolutely no movement at all now. Thank you very much.
    07-16-09 11:37 AM
    It certainly can't hurt to try it! Thanks for the suggestion!
    07-16-09 11:43 AM
    thanks, the loose cover was really annoying
    07-16-09 02:50 PM
    Just did this and it works great. Was really getting annoyed with the cover shifting up and down every time I held it.
    07-25-09 05:43 PM
    best solution for me... worked with no movement at all! THANKS!!!
    08-17-09 08:40 AM
    I just took a rubber band and cut it a small strip and place it on the back of the phone and closed it and it feels great

08-17-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD