I am not sure it is written anywhere - I even checked the manual
    I know that the question has been thoroughly answered, but here is a cut and paste from the .pdf manual.

"Silence your device
    In the sounds application, perform one of the following actions:
    � To receive LED notification only, click Silent.
    � To receive vibrate notification only, click Vibrate Only.
    � To turn off all notification, including ring tones and notifications for specific contacts and LED notification, click All Alerts Off."

I also know that the manual is 266 pages long, but the Search feature works quite nicely.
    01-08-10 04:22 PM
    i use berry buzz with all alerts off most of the time but the led stays on.

the solution to this is bedside mode which i have found does not set off the led, good for sleeping when you dont want to be bothered.

at night i use all alerts off and turn the phone upside down, works fine for me, and i use it as an alarm clock as well on my nightstand.

berry buzz is just too good to get rid of for the led issue.
    01-08-10 06:15 PM
    Hey, I realize this is an old thread but I thought I'd add something I found while googling on this subject. This is via docs.blackberry.com, the Bold 9700 user manual:

"You can create custom sound profiles. When you assign a custom ring tone to a contact, the ring tone is always active and does not change when you switch sound profiles unless you switch to the All Alerts Off sound profile. Call and message notifications for your contacts might be audible even if you switch your sound profile to Silent or Vibrate Only."
    03-21-10 06:58 PM
    Yeah always wondered this too thanks for clearing this up
    03-21-10 07:38 PM
    What sucks is if you are using BerryBuzz it takes over and if you set it to all alerts off the led will still come on.
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but what do users like us who use BerryBuzz do to take advantage of "All Alerts off" where the LED also is killed?
    05-26-10 02:05 PM
    I agree with another poster. If its that critical either kill the radio, or buy a $10 digital tape recorder...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because when you switch on the radio, everything that comes in will show the timestamp of when the radio was switched back on. Timestamps are important.
    05-26-10 02:05 PM
    How do I make my phone quit vibrating when it's on silent or on all alerts off? It still vibrates.
    05-27-10 09:38 AM
    And can someone tell me what "in holster" and "out of holster" means?? Also about my phone continuing to vibrate?
    05-27-10 09:59 AM
    And can someone tell me what "in holster" and "out of holster" means?? Also about my phone continuing to vibrate?
    About the vibrating thing, it could be a few things but a guru might be able to pinpoint it. It could vibrate if you get PINGs on BBM, as by default when you get a BBM PING, it is set to vibrate - and I think it ignores the profile and vibrates regardless. Or it could be you have BerryBuzz installed.

"In Holster" means exactly that. When you buy your blackberry, you're usually given a holster too. It's made of leather most times, and you slip in your blackberry for protection from you dropping it, scratch protection, etc. So if you have a holster, those alerts are made for "in holster".
    05-29-10 12:07 AM
    My Blackberry notification is not working at all. It doesn't matter which notification option we use (loud, whatever), we get nothing. No ring-tone, vibrate, zip. How can we at least get a ring tone?

Yours in desparation,

mickel
    09-27-13 07:02 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD