So I'm volunteering at a PGA Tour event in my home city. They say not to bring cell phones in, but for obvious reasons i conceal mine and it goes undetected.

I throw it on SILENT and I begin my volunteer shift walking along side of 3 of the best PGA Tour Professional golfers.

midway through the round, i use the port-o-john and text my buddy what a great time i'm having. Sure enough, he calls me back about 5 minutes later, right in the middle of one of the golfers backswing, and I can hear a booming loud:

CALIFORNIA LOVE (dr. dre, tupac). My goodness I have never been so embarassed in my life.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED. My phone was still on silent!

If I give someone a special ringer, does that override the "Silent" profile?

Embarassed beyond belief,
    Hubie
    09-12-09 01:38 AM
    Same thing happened to me except I was home knocked out sleep and my phone started ringing (Maxwell- Bad Habits). Anyway, it scared the s**t out of me. It was SUPPOSED to be silent.
    09-12-09 01:41 AM
    atleast it played the right ring tone :P
    09-12-09 01:42 AM
    Tupac and Dre son!
    09-12-09 02:35 AM
    yea i had my phone on silent and then my alarm went off...
    09-12-09 03:00 AM
    Might wanna double check those silent profiles...

I work in a hospital and when I head into work I hold down Q and turn it into vibrate only mode. I then go thru the "set ringtones" and just double check to make sure that the ringer is on "silent" but vibrate is set to on.

May want to double check your settings.

I had a problem with my ringers not 'sticking' to what I had set them after a battery pull... such a pain in the ***.
    09-12-09 03:00 AM
    Not a Tour owner (yet), but I couldn't help but feel the need to comment. That's a truly embarrassing story, and I can relate. Personally. Believe me.

I was at work (I am paying my dues at Old Navy and work early morning shipment) and had my phone with me, but I had given my mother a profile exception because if she ever needs me for whatever reason, I want to be able to hear my phone ring. Still, I expected that using the "Quiet" or especially "Off" profile would override that exception. Wrong. My phone rang, loudly, blaring 30 Seconds to Mars until I finally managed to tug it out of my pocket and shut it up.

So if you have an exception set, it appears to override any profile.
    09-12-09 03:10 AM
    You can't silence Tupac, not even death could silence Tupac...
    09-12-09 05:13 AM
    You can't silence Tupac, not even death could silence Tupac...
    hahaha! this post made me actually lol
    09-12-09 05:34 AM
    I went to see A Christmas Carol one year with my sister and we were sitting there and I was complaining about someone's phone making a ridiculous noise... it was mine. Did I reach in my bag and shut it off when I realized it? Nope... I just let it play out. If I had made a move for it everyone would have known it was me. LOL!
    09-14-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD