My Tour's battery runs down in about 5 hours while I am in certain roaming areas. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks,
    Jamie
    09-16-09 07:26 AM
    unfortunately I don't think there is. Can't be 101% sure tho.
    09-16-09 10:59 AM
    Your phones battery will drain faster while roaming as it is constantly searching for your "home" network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:16 AM
    My Tour's battery runs down in about 5 hours while I am in certain roaming areas. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks,
    Jamie
    Switch to Verizon, I get a signal in the deep mountains.
    09-16-09 12:26 PM
    Welcome to the "Now" network........
    09-16-09 02:13 PM
    My Tour's battery runs down in about 5 hours while I am in certain roaming areas. Is there anything that I can do?
    I haven't noticed an increased battery drain while [roaming] in standby or talking. I do note significant drain with very weak signals. I installed an app called RadioSaver that turns the radio off under very weak conditions. It seems to have helped.
    09-16-09 07:30 PM
    Your phones battery will drain faster while roaming as it is constantly searching for your "home" network.

I came on to say exactly this. Doesn't take battery to roam but it takes battery to search which is normal so there is nothing wrong with your set please do not attempt to adjust it or however the twilight zone saying goes.

09-16-09 07:57 PM
    ...Doesn't take battery to roam but it takes battery to search which is normal...
    Agreed! If you're noticing marked battery drain, you're probably in a very thin coverage area and the phone is spending more time searching, whether it be for your home network or for a foreign network. When you're roaming, you're simply using a foreign network as if it were your own. Good signal is good signal [roaming or not] with no increased battery depletion.
    09-16-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD