I haven't found a use for it. It doesn't produce a dollar sign when I use it, instead giving me a . Also, there's a sound profile icon above it, and it doesn't do anything normally or when I press alt. Q changes my sound profile. I can't even use it as a speed dial! Anybody know what this key is for, if it has any use, or how to make it usable? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:57 PM
    There is a setting to change it to the money sign you want (I assume the $).
    Press that button (it has the speaker on it) during a call, and it will turn on/off speakerphone.
    07-29-09 08:04 PM
    Options>screen and keyboard>currency key

Change it to a $

07-29-09 08:04 PM
    Oh, and the setting is at options, screen and keyboard, currency key, just choose what you want.

Good luck!
    07-29-09 08:05 PM
    The speaker icon on the same $ key is your speakerphone button. In a call, that will toggle speakerphone. And in media play application playing a movie or music, it will switch from speaker to earpiece
    07-29-09 08:12 PM
    Yeah, the currency button acts as a speakerphone button when you are in a call. Not a sound profile button. Very handy.

07-29-09 08:26 PM
    i keep accidentally hitting this button every time i send a message$
    07-29-09 09:45 PM
    Thank you!! It was bothering me immensely.

07-30-09 12:14 AM
    I hit the $ ALL the time when I'm sending messages... its more funny than anything...
    07-30-09 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD