I was just wondering when the tour was gonna see another os update? yeah im not one of those guys thinking we're getting os6 (which would be awesome) but i just wanted to know when the next one (even a leak) would be out. It seems as of late nothing has come out unlike in the past which they were pretty regular or more often i should say. Thanks.
    08-24-10 01:52 AM
    I was just wondering when the tour was gonna see another os update? yeah im not one of those guys thinking we're getting os6 (which would be awesome) but i just wanted to know when the next one (even a leak) would be out. It seems as of late nothing has come out unlike in the past which they were pretty regular or more often i should say. Thanks.
    Well, seeing how the Tour has been given the "end of life" designation from most carriers and has been superseded by the 9650 Bold, I'm guessing we won't be seeing much if anything new coming out for it ever.

By the way, even if it was likely we would get an update or a leak, nobody but RIM or the carrier releasing it (or the individual leaking it) would know when it's going to happen until they turn it loose...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 08-24-10 at 03:39 AM.
    08-24-10 03:35 AM
    I don't think we won't get any upgrades anymore. There are plenty of devices that are EOL already and still receive updates. Patience is your friend
    08-24-10 11:14 AM
    Are you kidding me? Us Tour owners were forgotten the day we bought these POS phones. Sorry... RIM has abondon us forever. Time to move on to a manufacturer who cares about their customers.
    08-24-10 01:46 PM
    No the 9630 will not see 6.0
    08-24-10 01:48 PM
    No the 9630 will not see 6.0
    I think the OP knows that, since the post said they realized it wouldn't, at the time I posted.

I agree though, another OS 5 update or two for Tour wouldn't be such a bad thing, I just don't think I'd be holding my breath.

08-24-10 01:53 PM
    Yea I feel the pain of you Tour users. At least you have a higher, more recent, build then us 9550 users who still are on 713.

I think one will come soon though, nobody knows when, but the 9530 has been EOL'd for a while now and the it got an OS in the 8XX like a week ago. There's plenty of other carriers out there still using the 9630.

08-24-10 01:53 PM
    Probably not gonna get one. 5.0.0.732 seems to be working fine for everyone, plus there's like 3 or 4 other official 5.0 releases between Sprint & VZW, so one of those should work fine if you have issues with .732.
    08-24-10 02:25 PM
    I think we will, the 9000 just got a new update, so i feel we should be getting something in the .800 area pretty soon, maybe.
    08-24-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD