Alright so I just did a battery pull on my tour and then about a second later on my storm as I was switching out the batteries and I noticed that the storm finished the reboot about 1 minute faster than the tour. For background information on the devices the storm is wiped with the factory settings and the radio turned off, the tour has around 10 apps installed on it as well as 3 separate email accounts and had the radio turned on. So do third party apps and the radio being on affect the reboot time for a battery pull? If not should the tour reboot faster than the storm?
    Last edited by Bagums; 09-09-09 at 10:28 PM.
    09-09-09 10:11 PM
    I wouldn't say one particular device should always boot faster than another. There's so many variables to take into account, as you stated.

No, you should not get a device replaced because it boots slower than another device. That's just crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:14 PM
    I wouldn't say one particular device should always boot faster than another. There's so many variables to take into account, as you stated.

No, you should not get a device replaced because it boots slower than another device. That's just crazy.

Well I was worried that maybe if it booted slower the whole phone worked slower and that's why I was asking about getting it replaced. I wouldn't think just a slower reboot would justify replacement that does seem crazy.
    09-09-09 10:17 PM
    You actually think they would replace it because you feel it reboots too slow? ROFL

09-09-09 10:25 PM
    You actually think they would replace it because you feel it reboots too slow? ROFL

No as I said before I worried that maybe that meant it was slower than the storm in general which would mean it's not working properly as the tour is supposed to be faster from what I've seen and that is why they would replace it, I'll edit my first post so people don't keep saying this.
    09-09-09 10:28 PM
    My Tour takes forever to boot but applications and the OS zip along pretty well.

09-09-09 10:34 PM
    The Tour is sort of known for taking long to reboot, compared to other berrys. But no this does not mean it is slower. THREAD LOCKED........Oh yeah, Im not an admin...lol
    09-09-09 11:49 PM
    Boot time are like crap times, sometimes it's good, and sometimes.....well....you laugh you laugh!
    09-09-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD