1. oceanhut's Avatar
    With any new phone, there is always going to be issues. Im eligible for the early upgrade in October, but my 2 year is up in January. From all of your experiences (and problems) do you think I should wait til January for BlackBerry to fix the Tour? Or should I just throw caution to the wind and get it next month?

    Thanks in Advance!
    09-14-09 09:30 AM
  2. VDub2174's Avatar
    All issues with the Tour are hit or miss. I have a launch device and I haven't had any issues with mine. If you would feel more comfortable then I would go with waiting until January.
    09-14-09 09:46 AM
  3. the_sandman_454's Avatar
    I just got a Tour a couple of days ago. 27JUL09 build date and it is working flawlessly. Battery cover seems tight, screen is fine unless I grip it like King Kong and then there's a minor "ripple" which is to be expected with the type of screen from what I know about the type of display, and the trackball is fine.

    If you're really worried make sure to get a green dot one but my non-green dot is working perfectly.

    BTW I got my Tour one year into my 2 year contract on a Curve. The phone itself has a 1yr manufacturers warranty. I'm not overly worried.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:51 AM
  4. Dendrite's Avatar
    A person can really end up waiting indefinitely. I waited initially on the Tour as I wanted to see what the initial experience with it was as well as wanting apps and accessories such as Sedio cases to be available for it. We're pretty much there now-

    I'm still waiting a bit longer though now even though my NE2 is up. Why? I want to play with the S2 (out sometime next month?) before I decide. Problem is, if I wait more than that (sometime next year?) I'll perhaps be in range for the "Tour 2" which is said to have WiFi (and who knows maybe an optical trackpad?).

    You know how it goes... always something new to wait for! If the current Tour is what you want now, go for it!
    09-14-09 10:26 AM
  5. myersau's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Dendrite;3584462]
    I'm still waiting a bit longer though now even though my NE2 is up. Why? I want to play with the S2 (out sometime next month?) before I decide. Problem is, if I wait more than that (sometime next year?) I'll perhaps be in range for the "Tour 2" which is said to have WiFi (and who knows maybe an optical trackpad


    This would be called the Essex and it's already been leaked here on crackberry weeks ago
    09-14-09 10:49 AM
  6. oceanhut's Avatar
    You guys all make valid points. Thanks for the responses.

    Maybe I'll stick it out til January, unless I see some updated version released before then
    09-14-09 11:25 AM
  7. boilerjohn94's Avatar
    My wife and I got new Tour's last week and both of ours are working well so far. They were both "green dot" with a build date of 8/20 (pretty sure) and no problems at all (keeping fingers crossed).
    09-14-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD