I'm thinking about buying a Tour on eBay and ditching the 8330 which I've had for about a year now. I'm a gadget nut and have upgraded my curve to the latest OS 5 hybrid and really like it. Would it make more sense to wait until April to upgrade to possibly the new Tour 2 or the Curve 8530?
    Essentially, just looking for opinions...

Thx.
    11-14-09 06:56 PM
    If you can, wait for Tour 2 (trackpad, 2 GIG onboard memory, Wifi). It may be out sooner than April, but who knows. You don't know the build of the Tour you will get on Ebay, it may be the pre-August 2 version with a potentially faulty trackball.
    11-14-09 06:59 PM
    I think you should go for it. Sprint is really good replacing older models with the newer model when it comes out. So I don't think it will be a problem for you to get the tour 2 for free when it comes out if you already have the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:04 PM
    . So I don't think it will be a problem for you to get the tour 2 for free when it comes out if you already have the tour

I wouldnt be so sure about that.
    11-14-09 08:04 PM
    I'm so glad to see I'm not the only impatient Sprint user waiting on the Tour 2. I too like to have the latest, but I'm gonna painfully hold out for the Tour 2. Sprint hurry up already!
    11-14-09 08:18 PM
    No way Sprint will just upgrade you for free when t2 comes out. If you want wifi and a trackpad, wait. If you don't, get the tour now. Simple.

11-14-09 08:32 PM
    No way Sprint will just upgrade you for free when t2 comes out. If you want wifi and a trackpad, wait. If you don't, get the tour now. Simple.

+1 10 char
    11-15-09 08:48 AM
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    I've been with sprint 10 years you talk to them right. And your phone acting up. It won't be a problem. Before I bought my pre in august I start with Treo 700p they upgrade me to the 700wx for free then th 6700, then the mogul then the touch pro. So before the pre I haven't bought a phone is 5 or 6 years. And I didn't like the pre and the gave me a tour. So I don't know what your talking bout but a lil after the Tour 2 comes out. I doubt he will have a problem getting it

11-15-09 11:08 AM
    But I'm guessing none of you know how to work the system. 10 years in I know how to get what I want

11-15-09 11:10 AM
    I've been with sprint 10 years you talk to them right. And your phone acting up. It won't be a problem. Before I bought my pre in august I start with Treo 700p they upgrade me to the 700wx for free then th 6700, then the mogul then the touch pro. So before the pre I haven't bought a phone is 5 or 6 years. And I didn't like the pre and the gave me a tour. So I don't know what your talking bout but a lil after the Tour 2 comes out. I doubt he will have a problem getting it

So what your saying is that EVERYTIME a new phones comes out, or you have an issue with your phone,or you feel like upgrading, Sprint will give you one for free? Makes alot of sense does it. Maybe other Sprint users can confirm this.

11-15-09 11:15 AM
    Not sure about the sprint thing but I just upgraded my curve 8330 to a tour on verizon. The tour is way better, its faster, has more memory the gps is unlocked on the verizon network, its just all around better.
    11-15-09 11:18 AM
    So what your saying is that EVERYTIME a new phones comes out, or you have an issue with your phone,or you feel like upgrading, Sprint will give you one for free? Makes alot of sense does it. Maybe other Sprint users can confirm this.

Basically yes. I'm telling u the truth when I say I haven't bought a phone in 5 or 6 year since I bought the pre. Everything has been swap outs by sprint or advance exchanges. I'm not bragging in just saying Its a method to this madness. I refuse to pay for a phone when the phone the give you every trip less the 2 months has some type of issue with it. When sprint replaces my phone in store more than 3 times I hop on the phone and call customer service.

11-15-09 12:42 PM
    These companies if you notice are so caught up on there customer service if you call more than once and go to the store more than once and you been with the for a long period of time. They have no choice but to honor you. I'm in business, customer is always right especially if your spending money with them every month.

11-15-09 12:48 PM
    I believe in what you are saying in your case, but i dont think it is the same for every Sprint customer. I've had my share of free phones with Bell, doesnt work every time i want/need a new phone though.

11-15-09 01:05 PM
    I believe in what you are saying in your case, but i dont think it is the same for every Sprint customer. I've had my share of free phones with Bell, doesnt work every time i want/need a new phone though.

Your right cuz my buddies try to do it. And they get mad at me cuz it won't work with them I've had to call and act like them for them to get a phone lol

11-15-09 01:11 PM
    it from a new curve's parts.

So far I have replaced it twice and was told twice that I will be upgraded even told to pick out a new phone in the sprint store then told that I had to pay.

This second phone they gave me is now acting funky.

Confused about Sprint replacement
    11-27-09 12:13 AM
    the leap from the curve to the tour was a big one for me......the memory....the internet speed.... I paid for it out of pocket and saved my upgrade for the essex when it comes......
    11-27-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD