Sorry, i wasn't sure which was which. I meant for it to be whichever one is meant to replace the curve, that's why i had the question mark behind it. How about instead of flamin try to be helpful, as i'm sure you guys could have said, "oh, you probably mean the 8930"...... anyways....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:27 PM
    I am being the devil here, but what's to say the tour won't have the same problems as the storm, etc.?
    I am just asking.
    If the person can wait, I would wait until people report back about it....just thinking of the pre fiasco too.
    Oh I would definitely wait a little bit, I don't necessarily need it the *first* day.
    06-25-09 01:29 PM
    Sorry, i wasn't sure which was which. I meant for it to be whichever one is meant to replace the curve, that's why i had the question mark behind it. How about instead of flamin try to be helpful, as i'm sure you guys could have said, "oh, you probably mean the 8930"...... anyways....

I've never heard of an 8930, I was taking your word for it.
    06-25-09 01:30 PM
    Heck, i have no idea what the model is for sure, i saw that number on the forums somewhere else. For the better part of the last two months i've really only been concerned with one number: 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630!!!!!

06-25-09 01:38 PM
    Heck, i have no idea what the model is for sure, i saw that number on the forums somewhere else. For the better part of the last two months i've really only been concerned with one number: 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630! 9630!!!!!

I've only just discovered the 9630 in all its glory yesterday! For a while I just thought it was yet another BB and that the Onyx was the "ultimate" BB (sadly, not for Sprint), but in a way it seems like the Tour is almost the same as the Onyx, with a few features lacking.

So far in the "Upcoming" forums I hadn't seen a reference to new Curves. I wonder if they'd be any better than the Tour, though.
    06-25-09 01:45 PM
    I know this is ultimately a personal choice, but I'm hoping you guys can give me some things to think about to help me make that choice. What I'm thinking right now is that the Tour looks wonderful and beautiful and all that stuff, yet is it much of an improvement over what *I* do with my Curve?

Sadly, I think I may lean to "no it isn't." I use my phone for phone calls (shocker!), texting, email, light internet use, some apps (weather, baseball, viigo, etc.) and that's kind of it. Basically I use it for all personal things, but not extensively. I don't use it for work at all.

So I'm thinking, am I really only "upgrading" to a (slightly) larger phone that does the same things as the Curve? I'm sure the Tour is much faster, but I don't exactly notice that my Curve is very slow, either. Perhaps if the Tour had WiFi or simultaneous voice/data, or some new feature like that, it would be an easier choice. But from what I can tell, it adds nothing new except in its specs (and is that enough?).

Ah well, I guess the dilemma is that I just *want* a cool new device (although my Curve is only a year old), but probably don't *need* it.

Advice? Suggestions? Threats of intimidation?

Thanks.
    personally, i was thinking the same thing as you.. I am currently using a bb 8330 for verizon.. In my opinion, the curve is the best old gen bb ever made. the only reason i am upgrading to the tour from my curve is that my 2 yr is up..i am going to be able to get this phone for a very low price.

If you have a curve right now, and don't have any major issues i would wait till your up for an upgrade to get this phone...i don't think i would pay full price for this phone since i already have the curve..

However, if i wasn't using the curve and maybe had a pearl or a non bb, maybe i would pay full price and get this phone..
    06-25-09 01:50 PM
    personally, i was thinking the same thing as you.. I am currently using a bb 8330 for verizon.. In my opinion, the curve is the best old gen bb ever made. the only reason i am upgrading to the tour from my curve is that my 2 yr is up..i am going to be able to get this phone for a very low price.

If you have a curve right now, and don't have any major issues i would wait till your up for an upgrade to get this phone...i don't think i would pay full price for this phone since i already have the curve..

However, if i wasn't using the curve and maybe had a pearl or a non bb, maybe i would pay full price and get this phone..
    agree 100%....
    06-25-09 01:52 PM

If I had to pay full price, I definitely wouldn't get the Tour right now. I'm just thinking that the way Sprint works is that after a year (even in a two year contract) you do get some kind of discount ($75) with another two-year agreement.

Of course, that alone wouldn't make it cheap enough I'm sure. If I wasn't eligible for the instant discounts and mail-in rebates as well, then I'd just abandon the whole idea. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I'm actually eligible for when it comes out.
    06-25-09 01:53 PM
    Yeah, the 75 dollar discount on Sprint is only off of full retail, so you wouldn't be saving that much. And now a question! My Mom's upgrade is April 1st, 2010. Should I wait until than? Or lurk around eBay and look for a good deal? I've been eyeing a Bold even before I got my Curve in February, so the Tour is so exciting to me. I don't think I can wait. I already sold my old PSP on eBay, and now I'm trying to sell my DS Lite. I WANT THAT PHONE! By the way, if anyones interested in buying a DS Lite, let me know!
    06-28-09 09:16 PM
    In all truth, the tour is only meant to replace the 8830, it's not really meant to replace the 8330. I'd wait until the curve 8330 replacement (8530?) is out sometime later this year, especially if you're content with the curve you have now.

Why would comeone who is not a BB/smartphone user be posting on this forum?

ironically I think you are spot on LOL.
    06-29-09 10:42 AM
    Why would comeone who is not a BB/smartphone user be posting on this forum?

ironically I think you are spot on LOL.
    nice catch!
    06-29-09 10:47 AM
    I am having the same problem. I am going to call Telus LnR and see if they can give me a deal. I am having soo many problems with my Curve right now it's ridiculous, so hopefully they can give me a deal. Because otherwise, 650 dollars for this phone is a little too much.
    06-29-09 12:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD