Hi,

I have another post on the the lounge forum "On my 3rd Storm" which will provide some background as to why I ask this question. Poor sound quality and poor reception no matter where I am. Some of my clients asked me not to call on the phone going forward as they have a very hard time understanding me. Should I change to the Tour? I will be going on my 4th Storm should Verizon swap this one out. I really like the Storm, but the issues I mention on the other post are giving me serious doubts about getting a 4th one. Is the Tour a good option? What issues are people reporting?

Thanks............
    08-09-09 10:52 AM
    Have all of your Tour's been brand new from the store or have any been warranty replacements where they ship in advance and you return? If they were warranty replacements, then Verizon will replace it with a a brand new unit after the 3rd one.

Do you have any other BB's on Verizon in your office you can test to see if its the model vs the coverage or do you have a regular phone (not the same but just to verify its the tower vs phone).
    08-09-09 02:16 PM
    Have all of your Tour's been brand new from the store or have any been warranty replacements where they ship in advance and you return? If they were warranty replacements, then Verizon will replace it with a a brand new unit after the 3rd one.

Do you have any other BB's on Verizon in your office you can test to see if its the model vs the coverage or do you have a regular phone (not the same but just to verify its the tower vs phone).
    The phone I have now is the Storm. I am on my third one. I am thinking of switching to the Tour, but I am not sure as the Tour is a new phone for Verizon/Blackberrry. All the Storms have been brand new phones. If you have a moment you can read my original post on the Storm Lounge tilted, "On my 3rd Storm." This will give you a brief description of my issues.

Thanks......
    08-09-09 02:46 PM
    the storm is the biggest POS phone rim has ever made. The Tour is a huge upgrade compared to the storm. I had the storm before the tour and getting rid of the storm was the best thing I could have ever done! The Tour is great!
    08-09-09 03:20 PM
    If you get a good Tour with no issues, it is a FANTASTIC phone. I do not regret buying this phone. Of course the ones with major issues will say otherwise. Some have reported bad sound quality also so i would test it out before buying and make sure i get one with no issues. Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:22 PM
    Appreciate the info. I have a 5 year old Samsung flip phone that works much better than the Storm and I never had any issues. Maybe I should keep it simple, but I do use the features of a PDA/Smartphone. I did try calling from the Verizon store via the Tour when I decided to get my third Storm to see if the persons on the other end could tell the difference between my Storm or the tour and it only seemed marginally better according to the two people I called. May be it's time to move away from Blackberrys, although I would rather not. It just shouldn't be this difficult to get a good quality and reliable Storm or Tour. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Verizon versions????
    08-09-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD