My battery life is pretty awful- the other night it was 60% when I went to bed (I think...I'd been drinking)

However, I woke up at 3:30 am to it blinking and powering off.

Is this a problem with everyone's Tour, or is mine somehow more defective?
    07-27-09 12:02 PM
    Yes, it seems to be a problem, but not widespread or anything. My Tour did that just the other night as well, I'd gone to bed with 75% charge level.

Do you have BBM 5.0 or UberTwitter installed? If so, what settings do you have on UT?

Please let us know this:

What apps you have installed, and system settings (OS, like GPS options, etc.)

thanks.
    07-27-09 12:09 PM
    I'm so dumb with this.

ummm

I don't have a twitter app yet. (I can only imagine what will happen when I do)

I installed AIM but I usually leave it off.
    Weather Network
    Facebook
    a few games
    (Can you tell I use my bb for rreeeallly imporant stuff )

I have no idea what my gps settings are but I haven't used any of them yet so I'm assuming they're off.
    07-27-09 12:23 PM
    I just had vzw give me a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 12:33 PM
    I have uber twitter and am suffering from sub par battery life....

07-27-09 12:48 PM
    I usually keep gps and bluetooth off but to no avail....using vibrate also sooms to sap power extensively....

07-27-09 12:50 PM
    i have noticed that the battery its horrible, i could usually answer emails all day at work and such with my curve and it would last 2 days give or take, and my tour lasts not even a whole day doing less then what i usually would.

Any suggestions?
    07-27-09 12:54 PM
    Yea my battery has been dying pretty quickly as well..

I find myself charging it way more than I'd like to
    07-27-09 01:00 PM
    Okay,

Just curious as I posted a dedicated thread about this the other day, which I don't feel like looking for... so I'd rather just keep this thread going now since it's newer.

All in this thread so far who DO have the sub-par battery life problem (draining, overnight or not), just to confirm: Do you have BBM 5.0 running on your Tours? (If you're unsure, then you don't have it installed)

thanks. I really would like to avoid exchanging phones, but I may just call Verizon CS now and ask for a battery replacement, at least.
    07-27-09 01:07 PM
    i took my phone into vzw store and the rep made a test call for 30 minutes and my tour died...she sent me a new battery and now it has the same life that my 8330 did...battery was bad no doubt
    07-27-09 03:19 PM
    I don't have BBM 5.0

I think I'll stop by Verizon tomorrow.
    (mm...just where I wanted to go)
    07-27-09 04:46 PM
    So could BBM 5.0 be the cause for poor battery life?
    07-28-09 06:44 PM
    I getting same battery life too....too short that is. Don't think its BBM causing it. More like a bad batch of batteries. Is this regional? Maybe its just us who got the very first tours when they hit stores. Any commonality?

07-28-09 06:51 PM
    07-28-09 06:51 PM
    I think alot of this seems to be happening to those with the Verizon Tours. Im curious as to why
    07-28-09 07:08 PM
    this happened to me last night. I went to bed at 11 with about 60% battery life running only viigo that updates every 2hrs, no bluetooth, no web browser open, and when i woke up at 4:30 I had 2%. I was so puzzled when this happened. I am running bbm 5.0. I wonder if this is a recent problem b/c i havent heard anything about this until today. I got my tour the day they came out, when did everyone else get their tour who is having this problem? This might be something that happens with time.
    07-28-09 08:06 PM
    interestingly enough this same battery issue came up when I first got my 8830 two years ago...
    07-28-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD