I've got one (pre-ordered), and appt. for another at the store on Sunday.

Both of my lines are available for upgrades @ $199 (the store's may require a rebate of $70).

I never did it before, but is it worth it to put the 2nd one on eBay? Pretty sure I will be hanging on to the Tour, until LTE comes around, and the 2nd line rarely gets used.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm thinking that the $30/mth BB plan comes off of a line, if you switch back to a dumb phone, no?

I guess it would be nice to break even, or come close, by selling the 2nd phone. If it's going to be a pain, I'd rather not do it.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jsimanella; 07-11-09 at 01:50 PM.
    07-11-09 01:17 PM
    yes you are correct about the BB data plan and it seems like an interesting thought. i would make the decision tonight because you would get more moneys the more "exclusive" they are. you know?
    07-11-09 01:19 PM
    I've got one (pre-ordered), and appt. for another at the store on Sunday.

Both of my lines are available for upgrades @ $199 (the store's may require a rebate of $70).

I never did t before, but is it worth it to put the 2nd one on eBay? Pretty sure I will be hanging on to the Tour, until LTE comes around, and the 2nd line rarely gets used.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm thinking that the $30/mth BB plan comes off of a line, if you switch back to a dumb phone, no?

I guess it would be nice to break even, or come close, by selling the 2nd phone. If it's going to be a pain, I'd rather not do it.

Thoughts?
    You're not seeing a LTE enabled BlackBerry anytime soon, and their will be better BB's than is what is being currently offered by Verizon. You could purchase two, sell one on ebay, and then save your earnings for a better blackberry that's coming out in the near future.
    07-11-09 01:24 PM
    You're not seeing a LTE enabled BlackBerry anytime soon, and their will be better BB's than is what is being currently offered by Verizon. You could purchase two, sell one on ebay, and then save your earnings for a better blackberry that's coming out in the near future.
    Do you have any clue what time frames are for LTE? For people (like me) who are going to be signing new 2-year contracts is there a chance an LTE BB would be out by the time our contract expires summer of '11? I really haven't had a chance to read about the roll out of LTE.
    07-11-09 01:27 PM
    For most of us, LTE is still 1 1/2 - 2 years away.
    07-11-09 01:49 PM
    For most of us, LTE is still 1 1/2 - 2 years away.
    Well than hopefully that turns out to be correct, because it will be just as this next contract is expiring. Doesn't that mean (except for exclusivity agreements) that all phones will be available on all networks i.e. an iPhone on Verizon (assuming AT&T does not still have an exclusive contract)?
    07-11-09 02:40 PM
    Anybody have a guess, to what these things would pull on Ebay?
    07-11-09 05:44 PM
    Well, they are selling about 600 on ebay right now. And that's PRE release.
    So I wouldn't expect anything more then that.
    07-11-09 05:47 PM
    I sold my 2nd for more than $600.
    07-11-09 05:54 PM
    you got it right .....do it
    07-11-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD