The family recently switched to verizon and my son, against my advice, wanted to try the storm. After 3 weeks he decided a touchscreen wasnt as neat as he thought it would be and traded it in for a Tour like mine. The storm was 150 after rebates but was going on sale in a couple of days to 100 and I went back and they credited me the 50 difference. Then I jumped on the 50 dollar off blackberry promotion and got another 50, making the storm now 50 dollars. When he traded it in the out of pocket was 86 dollars, but there is a 100 dollar rebate so he makes 14 dollars on the deal. So if the storms rebate goes through he gets a Tour for like 36 dollars. If it doesn't I think it will add up to 126 so still not bad.
    08-07-09 03:54 PM
    Sounds like a good deal to me, he will be happy with the tour
    08-07-09 04:22 PM
    Yea good deal, glad that worked out.
    08-07-09 04:24 PM
    I am curious to know why a Tour would be preferred over a Storm? I am having major and minor glitches and annoyances with my Storm, and have had numerous calls to Verizon and visits to their closest store. I believe the problem is with the phone, not Verizon. I have had Verizon service, with various phones, for about 6 years, and have always been happy with the service. I even advise people to switch from whatever they currently have to Verizon, believing the coverage and service to be excellent. However, if I were a new Verizon customer with this Storm, I would be calling my attorney or something!
    08-07-09 04:27 PM
    I am curious to know why a Tour would be preferred over a Storm? I am having major and minor glitches and annoyances with my Storm, and have had numerous calls to Verizon and visits to their closest store. I believe the problem is with the phone, not Verizon. I have had Verizon service, with various phones, for about 6 years, and have always been happy with the service. I even advise people to switch from whatever they currently have to Verizon, believing the coverage and service to be excellent. However, if I were a new Verizon customer with this Storm, I would be calling my attorney or something!
    That's good to know, thanks for the advise, but I have used a friend of mines for a day and it had no problems? This place is confusing?
    08-07-09 04:30 PM
    That's good to know, thanks for the advise, but I have used a friend of mines for a day and it had no problems? This place is confusing?
    Dude, your avatar is freaking me out. Can you be a little more specific rather than "this place is confusing?" What exactly are you looking for? Browse around the forums a bit, do some searches, there's a ton of great info here. Give us a little more specifics and we can point you in the right direction.

Oh, and you have a couple of mis-spellings in your signature - i know, sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine - it's "here" not "hear" and "seems" not "seams".
    08-07-09 04:39 PM
    The Storm is the best BB on the market after the .148 and .151 OS updates. The storm gets bashed alot because of the expectations. With the OS updates it runs great.

Many ppl read some of the posts on here then run and try it out in the store or from a friend for a few minutes and BOOM they jump on the bandwagon.hey dont knock CB its a great site.
    08-07-09 04:45 PM
    The Storm is not the best BB on the market. Sorry boss, but its a few rungs down on the ladder, if not on the floor.

This is coming from a Storm and Tour owner.
    Last edited by shneeko6; 08-07-09 at 04:52 PM.
    08-07-09 04:50 PM
    Dude, your avatar is freaking me out. Can you be a little more specific rather than "this place is confusing?" What exactly are you looking for? Browse around the forums a bit, do some searches, there's a ton of great info here. Give us a little more specifics and we can point you in the right direction.

Oh, and you have a couple of mis-spellings in your signature - i know, sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine - it's "here" not "hear" and "seems" not "seams".
    Well, I am a college student but spelling is my worst subject "the medical field will do it to you all the time" I have been jumping around a bit HERE, but I am not going to make up my mind yet "don't want to be stuck with a lemon" I am going to have a full schedule this fall and I need a good email system, calender, and phone in one. People on this site go to great lengths to tear down storm owners for there phones? Are they just helping guys like me from trouble? The reason I don't buy that is because my friend has a storm that I got to use for a day and it was super duper. So, yes, these forums are confusing with the levels of phone mania and depressions. I have read many post that seem to be fabricated in the interest of getting back at someone. Don't blame my perception, I have had my share of psychology classes so no need to try to change what I am going to do HERE. Research. But thanks for throwing the attempt at helping me in your rant to to.....
    08-07-09 04:58 PM
    Have a. Curve. Had a storm traded for tour. Curve is bulletproof. Tour is not far behind. Storm was a failure hopefully RIM can get Storm2 right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 05:56 PM
    Eugh... Me too. To that end, the word "Blackberrys" should be capitalized, it should not contain an apostrophe, and the word "Storm" should be capitalized.

I feel better.
    08-07-09 06:49 PM
    Thats a matter of opinion and since mine matters more than yours I think its safe to say everyone should listen to me.

ok on a serious note its all about the particular experience one has with his or her device. I have had a great experience with my Storm therefore I luv it, u didnt so therefore you dont.
    08-08-09 10:12 AM
    You have a pet peeve about spelling but u urself cant spell. It should be "Blackberries" in the case of plurality.

Who cares anyway this is not an english test. Especially considering ppl are on trains and buses using their devices on the go.

Not flaming its all luv. oops i mean love. sorry
    08-08-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD