I need some advice:

I will be leaving for out of town at around 8 a.m. on tuesday & will be back on wednesday at probably around 11 p.m. ... I called verizion & the guy said fed-ex will come on tuesday I wont be there they will leave a note saying they were there then come back on wednesday I wont be there then they will take it back to there offices then on wednesday night or thursday morning send it back to verizion & my order will be canceled any suggestions on what I should do.

will a call to fed ex work??
    07-12-09 12:41 PM
    A. They will make 3 delivery attempts before sending it back.
    B. Leave a note asking them to deliver it to your neighbor.
    07-12-09 12:42 PM
    You have to sign for it? ?

Maybe you can call Fed Ex and have them deliver it to a friends house. . .

-Josh
    07-12-09 12:42 PM
    A. They will make 3 delivery attempts before sending it back.
    B. Leave a note asking them to deliver it to your neighbor.
    ok the guy told me it was only 2 times.... would you happen to know if they will try more than once a day or a different day each time
    07-12-09 12:43 PM
    ok the guy told me it was only 2 times.... would you happen to know if they will try more than once a day or a different day each time
    Maybe it is only 2 attempts. I could swear that the tag they left on my door the last time said they would try 2 more times. You also have the option of going to the FedEx facility and pick it up before they send it back.
    One attempt per day. Then it goes back to the FedEx facility until the next day.
    07-12-09 12:45 PM
    ive done it so we left a note on the door with the signature and they left the package and took the note
    07-12-09 12:47 PM
    Maybe it is only 2 attempts. I could swear that the tag they left on my door the last time said they would try 2 more times. You also have the option of going to the FedEx facility and pick it up before they send it back.
    One attempt per day. Then it goes back to the FedEx facility until the next day.
    Correct, 3 delivery attempts will be made. They should leave a sticker on the door after the first attempt. You could have your neighbor fill out the tag and leave it on your door for you so they will deliver to your neighbor.
    07-12-09 12:48 PM
    I think it is 3 maybe the guy didn't no wut he was talking about lol... i think i will call fed ex tomorrow & explain this to them... thanks for the help
    07-12-09 12:49 PM
    Correct, 3 delivery attempts will be made. They should leave a sticker on the door after the first attempt. You could have your neighbor fill out the tag and leave it on your door for you so they will deliver to your neighbor.
    That's right. Thanks for triggering my fading memory. That's his best option.
    07-12-09 12:50 PM
    or you could just call fed ex, after the 1st attempt, and have them hold the package...
    07-12-09 12:55 PM
    thank you everybody for such fast feedback!!!!
    07-12-09 12:59 PM
    thats the reason i never order anything if i know i might not be home.
    07-12-09 12:59 PM
    thats the reason i never order anything if i know i might not be home.
    now i no
    07-12-09 01:04 PM
    I think you can also ask fedex to hold a package at a sort facility for a certain period of time for you to pick it up.
    07-12-09 01:08 PM
    I think you can also ask fedex to hold a package at a sort facility for a certain period of time for you to pick it up.
    r there a lot of those lol
    07-12-09 05:49 PM
    These are your options, anything else anyone tells you is wrong:

1. Leave a signed note and fedex will leave the package.
    2. do nothing and Fedex will leave a doortag and come back the next day. Fedex will make 3 delivery attempts on 3 consecutive days.
    3. Call 1800GOFEDEX and tell them you want the package held at the delivery station. Be advised you must have the tracking number to have this done.
    4. Call and have the package delivered to an alternate location. once again you must have the tracking number. This does not always work due to security reasons.
    5. Leave a note for the driver to deliver to a neighbor. Make sure you designate which neighbor by address location. Don't make the driver guess who you mean. Also let the neighbor know so they will be home or you can refer back to number 2.

Be advised that ALL packages from verizon require a signature whether it be a note or signature in person.
    07-12-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD