SGPStore.com | Protector skin for your iPod, iPhone, MP3, cell phone, notebook, and more handheld devices

I am sure everyone has read, asked, or wondered what is the best screen protection available. Well as a gadget nut who is very Type-A and does not accept mediocre protection for his toys I wanted to give a shout out to this brand available. One of the reasons all of my devices look brand new when I sell them is I take exceptional care of them and screen/body protection is key especially if you like the minimalist approach (I like thin cases)

I have been using SGPShield protection on the following devices and have yet to be disappointed:

BlackBerry Storm 9530
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    iTouch 1Gen
    iTouch 2Gen (currently using the anti-glare as well)
    SONY VAIO Z670 13.1 Notebook
    LG Dare (sold the phone with the screen protectors)

The SGPShield kit I purchased for my Tour is the full body kit which offers a nice hybrid solution. One of the things that bothers me about the film materials is you can't get it perfect, there is always an air bubble left or you pressed to hard and made a dent, or whatever. This kit comes with a hard coated optical enhancement film for the LCD (Steinheil Crystal). This makes a huge difference especially if you want to see your screen as if nothing was on it.

The body protection is what you would expect from a high quality protection kit, the military grade film. Well theirs is a bit thinner and for me that is a key benefit to allow better adhesion to curves and corners which is something I ran into with other brands in the past. The corners would get caught and eventually I was tearing pieces off.

I will be putting my kit on today and will take before and after pics when its all done so you can see what it looks like. If you value your BlackBerry then value its protection.
    Last edited by BlckBrryMD; 07-29-11 at 06:58 AM.
    08-13-09 10:41 AM
    the "Includes & Diagram" language is interesting---"includes"?

I've always used BSE, but for this device there are just way too many pieces for me, I'm going screen only.
    08-13-09 10:45 AM
    I like the fact that it has the crystal screen protector vs film.. I already use another brand that I like very much, my only gripe is that their kit doesnt come with "Solution" you have to mix soap and water.
    08-13-09 10:47 AM
    I am interested in purchasing a protector for the entire phone. Can you provide the website for SPG shield protector?
    08-13-09 11:06 AM
    08-13-09 11:13 AM
    THanks for the review, I'm going to order one now. All of the screen films I have tried so far have been terrible. I hope this one is better. Please post your results.
    08-14-09 08:02 AM
    Looks like the phantomskinz kit.
    08-14-09 08:29 AM
    Please post pics soon! I'm more so interested in the screen protector.

I have gone thru my 3rd screen replacement from phantom and i keep getting problems. The current one i have on has a vertical line that's about 1 cm in the middle of the skin.
    08-14-09 11:23 AM
    Ok, I got my full kit installed and it took about 30 minutes to get it all done (I am pretty particular clean lines). Do you need the full body kit, short answer is no, but it is worth it. This is the first full body kit that actually does what they promise. The film used definitely allows for better adhesion especially on corners.

Yes there are lots of parts (non moving parts, but still). What I feel you will gain is just enough of a full non slip feel on your entire Tour. The battery door is a rubberized coating so you could skip the battery door. The side pieces are definitely worth it and cover it well as does the top piece and camera piece.

So I would say the full kit is worth it, but you can easily get the Steinheil display protection only in both Crystal Clear and Anti-Glare. I would highly recommend the Anti-Glare as its the only one I have used that doesn't make the screen look grainy.
    Last edited by BlckBrryMD; 07-29-11 at 06:58 AM.
    08-14-09 12:36 PM
    The screen piece is an exact fit and easy to put on.
    08-14-09 12:42 PM
    @BlckBrryMD
    Would you want to put this on AND use a case like the Incipio Feather (as of yet not out) AND a holster? I definitely want to use the holster (for the sleep function with the magnet), and am looking for something to protect the device & especially the screen.

Suggestions?

P.S. - are you a medical doctor? (I'm a DVM.)
    09-07-09 08:28 PM
    just wanted to bump this, I just got mine in the mail, ordered on sat before labor day, and arrived that Tuesday! USPS none the less!

This one is Fantastic. its SUPER clear, and once installed correctly* its barely noticeable that i have a protector on it.
    *This is both a great point and a PITA, the screen is SO well measured to the device, that if you are off even by 1mm, all four corners will sit up on the edge of the phone and not seat correctly. I tried many times (cleaning off dust and such as i went) before finally getting it to sit down right all the way around. But once its on, since its RIGHT to the edge, its nearly impossible to notice its there!

And there is a Second in the package in case this one gets beat up!
    09-09-09 10:05 PM
    Which one did you get the crystal or anti-glare? If you got the crystal is it grainy?
    09-10-09 08:24 AM
    I got the crystal and its like I said, awesome, no rainbows or speckles, looks like there's nothing there!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:26 AM
    Update:
    I noticed the other day that the edges were starting to catch some dirt and debris from my pocket and such, and starting to peel up a little..
    so i peeled it off, washed it with dish soap for 2 min under tap water, slapped it back on and its like new again! no peeling, no dirt or lint under it...
    Amazing!
    10-28-09 02:43 PM
    I will agree with you on that. Their screen protectors wear like iron, they give you (2) in a package so really unless you absolutely trash one you will likely trade your phone up way before the two of them wear out.

I have already asked about the Storm2 9550 screen protectors and they are working on it already.
    10-28-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD