Can anyone help me do this? Basically I would like to have it so that using the standard Normal (and Vibrate) sound profiles, I will receive zero alerts from this one contact.

Right now I went into her entry in the Contacts app, and set the ringer and messages both to silent. But it seems like I'm still receiving other kinds of alerts-- such as email and Google Talk.

Any BB pros?
    12-21-09 02:51 PM
    LOL at the bump......people don't like bumpers anymore......sigh

Well under any contact you have the option to edit the phone ringer and the messages ringer. As far as emails and other things like google talk I have no clue. Emails you could always set up a filter on BIS to filter the persons email or forward it to another account that you don't have set up on your BB. Have you looked at the settings for possible filtering on google talk? I am not familiar with it so I don't know what to tell you there. Hope I helped a little bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I explored every option in Google Talk and there is nothing in there to silence a contact-- Besides BLOCK, but that is something I want to avoid.

Thanks for the BIS filtering tip. I was unaware of this option, so good to know. Really I don't mind getting the emails, as long as I don't have to hear alerts for them...
    12-22-09 02:17 PM
    you are welcome. BTW, do you have a stalker or something lol??
    12-22-09 04:18 PM
    Lol, not exactly a stalker... I have a friend whose friendship I just can't deal with anymore, and I'm "breaking up" with her.
    12-22-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD