Everyday there's a new problem with the Tour and yet people keep sayin how much better it is than the Bold! Hmmm interesting..

Anyway I do think the phone is very solid looking and has potential, but they desperately need to release an OS update for this device to fix many software issues! As to the OP I suggest you chgange that BB for a new one possibly for one made after august...
    umm it is is a lot better then the Bold. This thread has nothing to do with the Tour itself, its the service provider its on (sprint)

you dont even own a Tour, why would you even say the OS needs an update? The OS is great!
    09-07-09 08:26 AM
    My VZW Tour is constantly getting at least -10 better in ALL places than his Sprint Tour. I'd have -71, and he'd be at -90.

I am so happy I rid myself of "The Now Network"

More like.. The Not Network

Isn't -80 dbm the best signal you can get out of cdma ? Or am i wrong?
    09-07-09 10:04 AM
    Mines a Mexico and have it since day 1.
    It is not a Mexico / Canada issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I have to say the same

09-07-09 10:05 AM

Thank you for saying that!
    09-07-09 10:45 AM
    You're very welcomed ms charli
    09-07-09 10:48 AM
    Does anyone know how to get that OS that SAL has on his phone where when you reboot it instead of a white screen and a clock you get the Blackberry Logo and a loading screen
    09-07-09 11:40 AM
    Does anyone know how to get that OS that SAL has on his phone where when you reboot it instead of a white screen and a clock you get the Blackberry Logo and a loading screen
    5.0 0S version, search the os thread ,it's there somewhere but it if was me, i would wait for an official release. Just my opinion.
    09-07-09 12:24 PM
    5.0 0S version, search the os thread ,it's there somewhere but it if was me, i would wait for an official release. Just my opinion.
    I agree with this. Apparently a lot of the apps like facebook are having issues updating prior to the official release. That's why I'm waiting.

09-07-09 12:35 PM
    Any word on when that's coming out??
    09-07-09 08:22 PM
    I just bought a Tour on Saturday. Signal Problems Galore. Of course tech support was useless. Tried a factory reset, and a few software settings, all with No joy. Not sure if I should roll back to a curve or just wait out the OS update.
    09-07-09 08:54 PM
    Any word on when that's coming out??
    According to my carrier (Bell) we are expecting an OS upgrade for sept 13. I doubt it will be 5.0 though . Dont know if any of this is true but this is what i have been told. One thing is for sure, an upgrade is just around the corner.

09-07-09 08:55 PM
    I just bought a Tour on Saturday. Signal Problems Galore. Of course tech support was useless. Tried a factory reset, and a few software settings, all with No joy. Not sure if I should roll back to a curve or just wait out the OS update.
    I have a low and very unstable signal myself, although great call quality with no dropped calls.
    You , unlike myself are still within your 30 days and since an upgrade is coming soon, i would wait for an upgrade and see if it gets resolved.
    Some (many) have claimed having great reception with the Tour and running same OS as we are so im kind of wondering if its OS or hardware .

09-07-09 09:04 PM
    Your friend is not necessarily using the same tower. And for those who bash Sprint, remember, location is a big deal to.
    09-07-09 09:19 PM
    Seems like the big question is where are you guys at? Location with the signal has to be the difference and not verizon or sprint. I have a mexico 5 built Aug 12th. This is the 3rd one, all others built in mexico 5 but in Jul. I haven't dropped a call, battery door is fit, trackball(knock on wood) is perfect. This is how the phone should have come out. I'm in the hampton roads area of Virginia. I don't know if this phone reports the signal correctly cause I stay at -90 to -102 but haven't dropped any calls and no one I talk to ever noticed I moved from my Curve until I sent them a new PIN number so calls must sound the same or better on the other end.
    09-07-09 09:38 PM
    Nice comment.
    09-07-09 10:01 PM
    never a problem dropping calls with a Verizon Tour. Most people complaining about dropping calls are you Sprint guys. Obviously Sprint has a problem with there service.

as for the trackball, RIM has been aware of the problem and corrected the issue going on 3 weeks now.
    Whats is interesting is most of the dropped calls are coming from Sprint....just an observation........
    no, it cant be an OS problem since Verizon and Sprint use the same OS on both phones. Its something else with you sprint guys though obviously. I'm not to sure how it all works so I really can't give you an honest answer.

I really don't know the exact cause why sprint owners drop a lot of calls vs Verizon owners. I don't think its OS related, I do have a feeling its sprints service though that plays a part in it though.
    So how do you fanboys explain this thread below. You guys are so high on your koolaid. It makes me sick. Can you hear me now.........Good!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/sa...g-tour-310171/
    Last edited by papi127; 09-07-09 at 11:02 PM.
    09-07-09 10:57 PM
    Lets address the battery issue. If you are dropping calls you maybe in a location that the BB is searching for a signal which is a known battery killer. Make sure your mobile network settings are NOT set to global.
    battery dying so quickly may be from it searching for a signal. that happens to me at the hospital almost everyday LOL

yup.

Oh & all these problems could also be user error as well. i mean no machine/gadget is perfect.
    09-08-09 07:47 PM
    Each SP Customizes the OS..Or rather bastardizes..No 2 menus are the same.. Features available from one provider NOT available on a diferent one.So yes, IT CAN BE THE SP ! I couldn' tWQAIT to RID of sprint. Haen't really found a better provider JUST A WHOLE LOT BETTER CUST SERV !! SPRINT STINKS, every survery form 10 years ago thru today substantiates that !
    09-09-09 07:20 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD