Magically, my Blackberry Tour has somehow apprehended all the photos from my old phone (which I did not transfer and made no attempt to transfer at any point whatsoever). Upon trying to delete photos off the SD card, my Blackberry has become extremely laggy and sometimes just freezes up.

All of these problems mysteriously started today, about an hour ago. I've had no problems before, and have had this phone for about a month.

I've tried removing/reinserting the SD card, removing/reinserting the battery, manually deleting on the blackberry itself, deleting via my laptop and nothing has worked.

I'm really confused as to how this phone has pictures from my old phone from 2007, when I've never even attempted to connect the two and these pictures have never been on my blackberry before an hour ago. I never made any attempt to transfer them. The guy at the store informed me that my blackberry had no SD card when I purchased it, so I had to go out and buy one AFTER he had transferred all my contacts and other stuff to this phone from my old one.

Help, please?
    09-11-10 04:40 AM
    I can't explain how it happened, but it sounds like you have an old copy of bbthumbs.dat on your new SD card. Were you copying files to the new card when the problem appeared? See the first post in this thread for instructions how to remove bbthumbs.dat. http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...r-tour-430589/

If bbthumbs.dat is the source of the problem, removing it will cure the problem. If it isn't, removing it won't hurt anything. The BlackBerry OS will recreate it automatically.
    09-11-10 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD