Hello everyone. I have a quick question and I have searched and cannot find what Im looking for. I appologize ahead of time for being a NOOB.

Is there anyway to separate texts by contact? My BB shows every text thats been sent. Im wanting to compress all these texts into individual lines per contact. For instance if someone sends me 10 texts, it shows them all instead of 1 line for that particular contact.

TIA
    04-01-10 04:41 PM
    If you update your OS to 5.0 you will have threaded text messages. Is that what you are looking for?
    It looks like bbm (kinf of)
    04-01-10 04:44 PM
    On the flip side ofthat coin, is there a way to unthread the text messages on 5.0 OS? I wish I hadn't been so quick to upgrade to 5.0 and did some research first. I am regretting the upgrade.
    04-01-10 04:48 PM
    Maybe, how can I tell which update I have? Sorry this is my first BB.
    04-01-10 04:49 PM
    The only way to separate them is to hit ALT-S when you're in youre viewing your sms list. But you have to do it everytime you go into your sms'

Im not sure what the big deal about threaded sms is for some people....why they dont like it or think its so bad? (just my opinion, actually would like ot know).

I think its convenient. A bit weird when i first upgraded to 5.0 when .230 came out...but it keeps your convo's in order by each recipient...seems sorta practical, to me anyway.
    04-01-10 04:55 PM
    Maybe, how can I tell which update I have? Sorry this is my first BB.
    Go to Options and then About. It should start with a v. Mine says v5.0.0.591 but I just upgrade to the new OS earlier this week. You're probably going to be a v4.X.X.XXX something or other.
    04-01-10 04:55 PM
    The only way to separate them is to hit ALT-S when you're in youre viewing your sms list. But you have to do it everytime you go into your sms'

Im not sure what the big deal about threaded sms is for some people....why they dont like it or think its so bad? (just my opinion, actually would like ot know).

I think its convenient. A bit weird when i first upgraded to 5.0 when .230 came out...but it keeps your convo's in order by each recipient...seems sorta practical, to me anyway.
    Because it is different! *whine* Seriously, I'll probably get used to the threaded SMS. That isn't the reason I'm regretting the upgrade. I'm having other issues such as the dreaded browser click issue and I'm having an odd email issue that started after the upgrade. I guess it comes down to the fact that I haven't seen much improvement with the upgrade and now have issues I didn't have before. I lost much more than I gained. Ah well.
    04-01-10 04:58 PM
    Yeah mine is v4.7.1.61

I think its time for an upgrade anyway. Lol
    04-01-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD