I was just wondering if there is a way to have separate SMS and MMS folders? I thought I remember seeing an something in the "General Options" under messages that would allow you to separate the two. I just went there and it is to separate the SMS and emails. I am recently running OS 5.0.0.230 so maybe I saw it under 4.7?
    The reason I want this is so that the SMS folder will be more organized with the new "threaded" texting that is in 5.0. Then all of my MMS's, which are still handled the same way as under 4.7, will be in a separate folder.
    Thanks in advance for anyone that can help, Thank You!
    10-23-09 07:36 PM
    You can seperate SMS/MMS and Emails but not SMS and MMS, they will always be combined, unless changed in a future OS.
    10-23-09 07:37 PM
    That is what I was looking for! Not what I was hoping to hear, though! Oh well. Thank you, drm2blv, for your help and quick response!!
    10-23-09 07:40 PM
    Never a problem. Wish I could give better news, but unfortunately the truth is not the best of what you wanted.
    10-23-09 07:42 PM
    How can you separate them? SMS/MMS & Email in to 2 different icons on the front screen?

You can seperate SMS/MMS and Emails but not SMS and MMS, they will always be combined, unless changed in a future OS.
    10-24-09 01:46 AM
    How can you separate them? SMS/MMS & Email in to 2 different icons on the front screen?
    Go into the messages folder and press the bb button..go to options..general options..scroll down to sms and email inboxes and change it to seperate
    10-24-09 07:48 AM
    I'm confused. The default theme on the 9630 has a common icon for SMS and MMS. However, because of my poor eyesight, I switched to a custom theme that has larger fonts and icons. This theme I am currently using has a separate icon for SMS and another for MMS. Also, when I was experimenting with Plazmics theme builder, I noticed there was an option for having combined SMS/MMS in one icon or separate SMS and MMS icons.

Perhaps a different theme with separate icons would solve your problem.

FA
    10-24-09 08:06 AM
    Go into the messages folder and press the bb button..go to options..general options..scroll down to sms and email inboxes and change it to seperate
    I did that but how do you seperate the MMS messages from your e-mail? I already have it set-up so that my SMS and e-mail are seperate but I still get my MMS messages with my e-mail.
    12-08-09 02:15 PM
    Well I did separated the two a Whyl back on the storm 1 now IV got the storm 2 and Jus before I write this I Tried it and I didn't see an option for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 11:56 PM
    You could always load Crunch SMS then all 3 are separate.
    04-22-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD