With each email I send from my Tour, the email ends with the line:
    "Sent on the Sprint Now Network from my BlackBerry".

Any way I can shorten that a little, or omit it from appearing on all my outgoing emails?
    07-08-10 07:39 PM
    Sure, change your your email tag line in your settings. For a description of how to do it, search or use your users manual.
    07-08-10 07:47 PM
    07-08-10 07:58 PM
    I did do a search and I did check my user's manual. There is no info on the topic there.

I also had no clue what "BIS" is, but found that it is BlackBerry Internet Service per a google search. I found the website, but don't know my userid/password. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow, if I decide it's worth that hassle. On my previous phone, a Palm Pixi, changing the email tag line was a very easy and intuitive process ... apparently not so with BB.

Thanks
    Last edited by IndePanda; 07-08-10 at 08:39 PM.
    07-08-10 08:36 PM
    Check out this stickied thread from the "How To, FAQ" forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ackberry-4980/
    07-08-10 08:54 PM

Any way I can shorten that a little, or omit it from appearing on all my outgoing emails?
    A rather pretentious statement isn't it? I 'bout s*** 3 color's of green the first time I saw that attached to my e-mail.
    07-08-10 09:00 PM

Go to sprint.blackberry.com, log in, click edit on your e mail address then either delete or change the signature to whatever you want it to be. I hope this helped and good luck.
    07-08-10 11:04 PM
    Setup>Email Settings>Highlight Account to Edit>Press BB Menu Button>Edit Signature>Save

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 05:47 AM
    I actually dont mind it, i did remove it from my work email. But left it for my personal one.
    07-09-10 09:15 AM
    mikeplus1, you rock, dude! That worked perfectly. You seem to be one of the very few who know how to do that directly on the BlackBerry phone. I didn't have to log on to any website or anything. I should have known that anything my Palm could do, my BlackBerry can do better, lol.

And thanks everyone else for trying to help. I changed the pre-set tag line to simply: "Sent via BlackBerry". It doesn't sound quite so much like an advertisement to me now. I do like Sprint very much, and hopefully they will forgive me :-) This is an excellent website and I am very thankful for you guys.
    Last edited by IndePanda; 07-10-10 at 10:42 PM.
    07-10-10 10:22 PM
    UR welcome Panda, glad it worked out for you. Search for BB shortcuts for some other cool stuff u can do. Now if I could just figure out how to get rid of the "Poosted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" thing.

07-11-10 08:53 AM
    mikeplus1, you rock, dude! That worked perfectly. You seem to be one of the very few who know how to do that directly on the BlackBerry phone. I didn't have to log on to any website or anything. I should have known that anything my Palm could do, my BlackBerry can do better, lol.

And thanks everyone else for trying to help. I changed the pre-set tag line to simply: "Sent via BlackBerry". It doesn't sound quite so much like an advertisement to me now. I do like Sprint very much, and hopefully they will forgive me :-) This is an excellent website and I am very thankful for you guys.
    I'm glad you got it worked out!

My signature used to be miles long. Something like: "Sent on the Sprint Now Network from my Blackberry, powered by Google Mail and by my now tired thumbs."

But now its just "Sent on my Sprint Blackberry."
    07-11-10 10:50 AM
    Sure, change your your email tag line in your settings. For a description of how to do it, search or use your users manual.
    Oh so helpful. With this attitude we don't really need Crackberry or users. Geesh.

07-11-10 10:57 AM
    I used to have a salutation that indicated that I sent the email from my BB. Then, I realized that life became a little more hectic when everyone figured-out that I was at their disposal. That instant gratification thing is a *itch.
    07-11-10 11:53 PM
    I used to have a salutation that indicated that I sent the email from my BB. Then, I realized that life became a little more hectic when everyone figured-out that I was at their disposal. That instant gratification thing is a *itch.
    I changed mine to say "Sent via carrier pigeon by AT&T".
    07-12-10 12:01 AM
    I get to retire in 5 weeks. I think I'll change mine to say, "Sent from here, there and everywhere."
    07-12-10 01:08 AM
    UR welcome Panda, glad it worked out for you. Search for BB shortcuts for some other cool stuff u can do. Now if I could just figure out how to get rid of the "Poosted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" thing.

Can you please tell me exactly how to delete this from my phone? It's making me crazy.

07-19-10 06:22 PM
    If you're referring to the Sprint advertisement, refer to post numbers 5 & 8. If you're referring to the CB salutation, you'll have to live with it.
    07-19-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD