I have a Gmail account and when i try to send an email to myself from my computer, it doesn't show on my BB. I don't have any filters on that i know of, is there any way to fix this? thanks.
    08-21-09 01:07 PM
    email to what?? your gmail or your blackberry email. Wrong forum btw :P
    08-21-09 01:14 PM
    I have a Gmail account and when i try to send an email to myself from my computer, it doesn't show on my BB. I don't have any filters on that i know of, is there any way to fix this? thanks.
    HOW-TO: Prevent G-mail "Sent Items" from being sent to your handheld. - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    08-21-09 02:07 PM
    do you get the email if you send it from a different email account? you may have set up the filter to not show you sent messages, and that would prevent you from sending an email from your gmail to your gmail and see it on your bb....

also, this section of the forums is ment for themes, if you have issues with the tour, you should post them in the tour section, not the tour theme section
    08-21-09 02:20 PM
    From my experiences, if you email yourself from gmail, it doesnt show up in the blackberry messegas folder. However, if you download the gmail app it will show up in there. Thats how i get most of my OTA links. Try downloading google's gmail app and good luck.
    08-22-09 10:43 PM
    From my experiences, if you email yourself from gmail, it doesnt show up in the blackberry messegas folder. However, if you download the gmail app it will show up in there. Thats how i get most of my OTA links. Try downloading google's gmail app and good luck.
    +1 re. gmail app, but in my experience attachments cannot be downloaded using it. The only workaround i found to e-mail youself to your blackberry.net account or another account (i.e yahoo mail) - that way you'll be able to d/l attachments.
    08-22-09 11:03 PM
    If your just trying to send something short, text it through your email. For verizon if you email [email protected] (your phone number in place of X). Most carriers have an address like this, look for it on google if your not verizon. it will show up as a sms on your phone. As for attachments, I think it can handle pictures, but that's about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:56 AM
    You cannot send yourself a gmail. When the last BIS upgrade came out it fixed an issue thaty when you would send an email through gmail on your bb through the bis it would auto copy it nack to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 10:33 AM

I have that same problem! I used to be able to send my self a test email, but now when I do it only comes to my gmail acct and not my BB! I called sprint & they said they don't know what happen! That it must be the GMail server! Lol! Idk but its not a big deal! I don't email myself alot!
    08-23-09 10:35 AM
    Yeah, this sounds like a side effect of a fix they made a little while back.

When sending a gmail from the Blackberry, you would receive a copy of your sent email back in your inbox, which was very annoying. This was because gmail really is one giant inbox with special labels, instead of folders. Basically sent items (all items) are in this box. So they implemented a fix where you wouldn't get the emails from yourself.
    08-23-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD