I get a slight screen ripple when I touch the top set of buttons on my tour. It doesn't bother me. My only question is will it damage the screen. I really don't think it will and if it won't I'm fine with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 01:18 AM
    Hmmm...this is something new. How long has this been happening? Actually kidding....really...a search would have brought up 100 postings on this and a lot of questions answered. Do I think it will hurt anything? No. Is this a pretty common thing on the Tour? Yes. Is there some things to try? Yes. Really....do a search and read the thousand responses to this.
    08-09-09 01:35 AM
    I didn't say it was new. I just hadn't read any other questions and was wondering if it was damaging

08-09-09 01:44 AM
    I've seen eight Tours and they all do this. However, some people swear that their Tours do not ripple at all. Until I see a no-ripple Tour, I won't believe it. Ripple bothers me, but it won't hurt the phone. Phones that ripple when buttons are pushed are in the minority these days. What is the explanation? I think that some people are not looking for ripple in the right scenarios. It never shows up when the screen is white, but it will on a blue background. But there are those who say that there is no ripple at all, no matter what. I'd be happy with the Tour if I could find one like that. In fact, I might want to post a WANTED ad.
    08-09-09 02:02 AM
    I have the problem, and it only occurs occasionally when pushing in the camera button.

It's nothing to be worried about, and as long as the screen doesn't ripple when I'm *not* touching any buttons, I don't have a problem with it.
    08-09-09 02:19 AM
    no it wont damage the screen....also the screen ripple doesnt just effect the Tours... the new Blackberry curve and the new Blackberry upcoming Mirtle also have the screen ripple in there screens... must be the way RIM builds all there new phones now
    08-09-09 06:49 AM
    I've seen eight Tours and they all do this. However, some people swear that their Tours do not ripple at all. Until I see a no-ripple Tour, I won't believe it. Ripple bothers me, but it won't hurt the phone. Phones that ripple when buttons are pushed are in the minority these days. What is the explanation? I think that some people are not looking for ripple in the right scenarios. It never shows up when the screen is white, but it will on a blue background. But there are those who say that there is no ripple at all, no matter what. I'd be happy with the Tour if I could find one like that. In fact, I might want to post a WANTED ad.
    No matter what button i push or how hard i push it, i have no ripple whatsoever unless of course i push directly on the screen and since this not a touch screen.... No need to touch the screen is there?

08-09-09 07:28 AM
    no it wont damage the screen....also the screen ripple doesnt just effect the Tours... the new Blackberry curve and the new Blackberry upcoming Mirtle also have the screen ripple in there screens... must be the way RIM builds all there new phones now
    Were did you get info on new Curve & Mirtle having ripple?
    08-09-09 10:13 AM
    Were did you get info on new Curve & Mirtle having ripple?
    you can see the rippling in videos in youtube of people who already have them
    08-09-09 10:16 AM
    Ive seen 15 having ripple....owned 3 of them.
    My 4th has no ripple ,If it did hmm everyone in this forum would know lol
    08-09-09 10:16 AM
    you can see the rippling in videos in youtube of people who already have them
    If you wouldnt mind posting links to videos..I was thinking of going with new Curve.
    If it has ripple I'm going to take pass ,there's no way I'm going on ripple-less hunt like I did on 9630
    08-09-09 10:25 AM
    Ive seen 15 having ripple....owned 3 of them.
    My 4th has no ripple ,If it did hmm everyone in this forum would know lol
    Gentlemen and ladies, I saw my 12th Tour today. It did not have ripple. Finally. It does exist, and I have seen it with my own eyes. I was the one saying that all Tours will have it, but I guess it might take exchanging 10 times to get one. Another person took 15 of them before he saw one without ripple.
    It would take alot of nerve to exchange 10 times, though, let alone 15.
    08-09-09 12:08 PM
    Sorry Pufftissue, I have had my Tour since day 1 and I have had no screen ripple at all. I just tested my Tour pushing buttons every way imaginable (without touching the screen) to get the ripple to show but alas, I have none! I am very, very lucky because if I had that issue I would definately take it back for an exchange :-)
    08-09-09 05:39 PM
    Test it in the Blackberry Home menu, thats the only place it happens on mine.
    08-09-09 06:04 PM
    Test it in the Blackberry Home menu, thats the only place it happens on mine.
    I did, and again nothing!! I have a dark blue background and I can see everything. Gotta admit, I am fortunate that the backcover is the only issue I have had with my berry since I got it :-)
    08-09-09 06:20 PM
    Gentlemen and ladies, I saw my 12th Tour today. It did not have ripple. Finally. It does exist, and I have seen it with my own eyes. I was the one saying that all Tours will have it, but I guess it might take exchanging 10 times to get one. Another person took 15 of them before he saw one without ripple.
    It would take alot of nerve to exchange 10 times, though, let alone 15.
    Haha, did the CSR make a comment after pulling your number up and looking at the # of exchanges?
    08-09-09 06:23 PM
    I tightened the lil hex screws that you can see when you remove the battery cover. I don't get a ripple unlesss I pinch the screen or push camera button hard but I never notice unless I try. It was worse before I did tighten the screws.

08-09-09 09:07 PM
    I've noticed I get the ripple when my brightness is turned up. I had it on 60 and I saw the ripple on dark backgrounds whenever I used the top buttons. With brightness on 10 I don't see the ripple anymore.

08-09-09 09:38 PM
    Unfortunately this is my first post on the forums and my first bb. I love my tour, it is a great device. My battery door was loose at first and the cs guys quickly gave me a new door that was snug. I have recently noticed a tiny ripple on a dark background when I press down on the trackball in the lower left hand corner. It is slightly there also in the calculator app, but hey noone ever uses that anyway. I'll prob give it a few months before I exchange it. Let them go through some production cycles before... Even at 10 brightness level this thing is still very bright.

I do remember when I bought this sucker the salesman said there was a 1 year warranty on the screen, so I assume a new one will be given. Obviously mine ripples if you press on the sides of the screen.

I'll wait to pick up an otterbox defender"helmet" and see if the ripples get worse. At first I did not think the ripple was an issue. Thank god for these forums. But this phone is still one mean beast.

Hang tight fellow addicts.

08-09-09 10:41 PM
    the ripple is kinda of annoying but I'm sure it wont hurt the screen
    08-09-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD