On my 8830, if the 'automatic' light adjustment glitched and dimmed my screen light or raised my screen light inappropriately I could press the LEFT top button and it would go to OFF/Dim/Bright.

That button also was the power button but its function has changed to LOCK on the Tour.

But is there another button or method for me to manually take control of the screen's lighting.
    09-14-09 08:29 PM
    IF you figure it out let us know, so far we've all been slave to the glitched auto dim that turns the screen up and down at will...
    09-14-09 09:21 PM
    I don't care if the sensor is screwy (well, maybe I do) but I want the ability to control the light level myself, manually. So, I guess there is no equilavent button/switch to change the light level?
    09-14-09 11:51 PM
    I don't care if the sensor is screwy (well, maybe I do) but I want the ability to control the light level myself, manually. So, I guess there is no equilavent button/switch to change the light level?
    No there's no equivalent button. That is one feature I also miss from the 8830.
    09-15-09 07:24 AM
    You want to just have a way to turn on screen on and off.?
    09-15-09 07:40 AM
    You want to just have a way to turn on screen on and off.?
    It was more than screen ON/OFF. You could actually adjust the brightness level - low or higher (or high and lower ) It was a 3-way toggle. Off/on/brighter/off/on/brighter. So if the screen appeared too dim, I could press the upper left button and it would brighten. One more press and OFF. etc.
    09-15-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD