New to the forum but have been reading for a couple of months now. I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing my screen issue I have sometimes. When I go open an app like BBM sometimes I get a white bar in the area where it would say blackberry messenger. Sometimes instead of the white rectangle I get a rectangle of different colors, kinda like the screen is having issues with displaying the apps name. Could this be something wrong with the screen or is it just something with the OS?

Thanks
    Last edited by flyers2500; 08-03-09 at 08:47 PM.
    08-03-09 08:44 PM
    That sounds like a screen issue, I would take it back.
    08-03-09 08:48 PM
    And i would say OS issue and not to worry about it too much. Upgrades are coming eventually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:09 PM
    I know exactly what the OP is describing.

When launching apps from the home screen, the area where the application label is (ie "Messages") turns into a multicolored rectangle briefly.

This is obviously a software issue with drawing the background properly behind the label rectangle (which is supposed to be transparent).

If you pay attention you'll notice that that multicolored rectangle is a piece of the "default" background. So the OS thinks it should draw the default background behind the label instead of the one you are using.

It's really a minor bug an I'm sure it will be fixed in the next OS update.
    08-03-09 09:59 PM
    X2 on this.
    I have the same issue as OP. Is not big deal. Software upgrade should fix it. ( I hope )
    08-03-09 10:06 PM
    Another vote for same problem. Definitely the OS.
    08-03-09 10:11 PM
    Thanks for confirming that it was indeed an OS issue. I really don't want to trade my tour for another one because I have no other issue with mine currently. I guess I'll just deal with it until 5.0 is released officially.
    08-04-09 12:02 AM
    I haven't had this problem at all, that's strange.

I was about to say it might be specific to Verizon's release, but one of the PP's is on Bell. Weird indeed.
    08-04-09 12:04 AM
    Same thing here, happened on the storm too, but it happened on the icons rather than the text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
    To the others that are having the same issue with their screens. At what level is your sensitivity set to. Could it be that how I have both my settings at 80, it scrolls to fast for the OS to process and that's why the rectangle appears? Just a thought.
    08-04-09 12:33 AM
    That sounds like a screen issue, I would take it back.
    Nope. It is an OS issue. I get it on occasion.
    08-04-09 02:09 AM
    There are times that I'll use my phone and when I exit everything and go to lock it I'll get a solid white rectangle box either at the bottom or on the upper left hand side. Is that normal? My phone has also turned off and restarted on me twice. It never did that untill yesterday that I formatted my micro sd card. I like the phone but lil things like that make me wonder..
    08-04-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD