Out of nowhere my Tour's screen went out. I did 3 battery pulls and I know this post is a long shot. Screen is mostly white with some vertical rainbow striping. About half the screen came on when I pushed the trackball but that wont work anymore. I also tried to start it in "safe mode" but screen stays out. If you know anything I could try I would really appreciate any help!!!
    01-29-10 10:13 PM
    Back up your data and apps and turn it in on your insurance.
    01-29-10 10:24 PM
    It may be a defect in the phone. If you attempted to do 3 battery pulls and no luck I would suggest taking it to your providers tech support center and see if they can assist you. Futhermore if they cant figure it out they will simply swap it out for a new one. Just make sure u back up ur contacts on the DTM!
    01-29-10 10:25 PM
    Sounds to me like it is replacement time.

was it dropped, see water, alcohol? If so I hope you have insurance. If not might be mfg defect
    01-29-10 10:26 PM
    didn't drop it and no water damage. I was just trying to avoid a refurb Will I be able to back it up without the screen working?
    01-30-10 01:08 AM
    didn't drop it and no water damage. I was just trying to avoid a refurb Will I be able to back it up without the screen working?
    yes you can backup the phone even though the screen doesnt work. Sounds like there was some sort of pressure damage to the screen though
    01-30-10 06:57 AM
    My buddy just got a refurb and he likes it.
    01-30-10 06:59 AM
    Yeah, the refurbs aren't bad at all for the most part. Unless you paid retail for the phone, in which case you're bound to be miffed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:07 AM
    Rather than call VZW CS I'd suggest going into a VZW corp store with a tech department first. I had something very similar happen on a Storm I (no drop, no water, nada). Screen would just go white and get colored dots all over it. Tech tried it out, had never seen it before, so they just swapped for a new one right there.
    01-30-10 12:08 PM
    for the backup just plug it to your pc, and try going into the advanced back-up and restore and save everything
    01-30-10 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD