Hi, with all my old phones, I could back up my text messages on my computer using Bitpim, but there doesn't seem to be support for BBs with it. Is there some other program I can do this with?

(I saw m:iq but I don't want constant backing up over the air. Just want to sync when I have important convos.)
    10-23-09 05:53 PM
    With the BB, you are unable to save the messages to your computer in any format that is able to be read.

You can save the information through backups, but you would have to restore those to have that information and will lose the current data to restore back to the old..
    10-23-09 05:57 PM
    If you're talking about saving SMS texts, YES you can save them in formats you can read. Trial a program called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter. Available here
    I trialed it for two days and bought it. I am not a company spokesperson, mind you. Just someone who wants to keep text messages.

You create a backup file of your phone (in .ipd format) and ABC Amber Blackberry Converter opens it and allows you to read the texts and save in Word format among others!

I believe there are also other programs that do something similiar. Search the forums and look. Other people here have used various programs. There are a number of ways to save your texts and read them...just that they require another program outside of the berry.

Good Luck.
    10-23-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD