I've been have Tour problems since I got it and am on the 2nd replacement(3rd tour) I was talking to a Sprint rep in their sales store about buying a 9650 bold and they told me about a wellcare deal. If your phone, not just tours, are replaced 3 times you're able to demand a different model. This is on Sprint, not sure about other carriers. So if your tour is on its 3rd replacement, goto a Sprint repair & support store and ask them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 06:27 PM
    Wow, this is cool! So there's hope if none the Tours I will receive work. :P But is this on the third replacement (meaning the fourth phone) or the third device of that model?
    07-30-10 09:00 PM
    I've been have Tour problems since I got it and am on the 2nd replacement(3rd tour) I was talking to a Sprint rep in their sales store about buying a 9650 bold and they told me about a wellcare deal. If your phone, not just tours, are replaced 3 times you're able to demand a different model. This is on Sprint, not sure about other carriers. So if your tour is on its 3rd replacement, goto a Sprint repair & support store and ask them.

So...I just got my sixth or seventh Tour (i have had 3 or 4 replacements, plus one insurance replacement and then this one that I just got today)...do I qualify? my last one is being replaced for freezing, crackly speaker and horrible signal.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS REPLACEMENT DEAL? WHO DO I NEED TO TALK TO? WILL A CORPORATE STORE JUST SWAP IT OUT FOR FREE? ARE ALL MY REPLACEMENTS IN THE SYSTEM?
    07-31-10 01:00 AM
    Your amount of replacement show up for them. You'll need to have had it REPLACED 3 times (4th phone) and then goto a sprint corporate repair store and demand a different model phone. This is what a Sprint sales rep told me to do and I've heard of people getting EVO this way but I'm not sure. tell them you pay them every month for a service that you don't get (the terrible signal issues) and I've had a trackball falling out problem quite often.today I wake up, and my handset speaker (not speakerphone/ringer speaker) doesn't work at all. So I plan on going there tomorrow. I'll be sure to update this and let you's know how it went. Good luck to all!

07-31-10 05:52 PM
    Your amount of replacement show up for them. You'll need to have had it REPLACED 3 times (4th phone) and then goto a sprint corporate repair store and demand a different model phone. This is what a Sprint sales rep told me to do and I've heard of people getting EVO this way but I'm not sure. tell them you pay them every month for a service that you don't get (the terrible signal issues) and I've had a trackball falling out problem quite often.today I wake up, and my handset speaker (not speakerphone/ringer speaker) doesn't work at all. So I plan on going there tomorrow. I'll be sure to update this and let you's know how it went. Good luck to all!

08-02-10 12:35 AM
    Pls let it be. Repeatedly asked abt this as it used to be policy & it's referenced in other threads-I am on my 5th replacement (6 tours after 3 years of no prob w/8330).
    8 yrs w/Sprint, hv 3 all data smartphones on my acct, preferred customer, but repeatedly treated w/disregard even hostility, told me-no longer policy because Tour issues are due to RIM defect & I could take it up with them. Given 4 choices each time, live with it, trade for 8330 curve, replace tour agn or upgrade w/no perks-(why should I use my upgrade $ when I hv a cell w/all functions I need, & I don't hv extra $300 and it's their product.
    I have been nice or pathetic or my tone kept business like and last time, furious esp around the RIM comments-which were made by two different supervisors during a 1.75 hour call-after #5's track ball sticking &/or jumping around uncontrollably on ANY app, two months after #4, and they offered to let me out of my contract.
    Can't wait to hear how it goes-know we all w/U in spirit. Warrior-go forth!

08-02-10 01:48 AM
    Pls let it be. Repeatedly asked abt this as it used to be policy & it's referenced in other threads-I am on my 5th replacement (6 tours after 3 years of no prob w/8330).
    8 yrs w/Sprint, hv 3 all data smartphones on my acct, preferred customer, but repeatedly treated w/disregard even hostility, told me-no longer policy because Tour issues are due to RIM defect & I could take it up with them.
    I have had Sprint for 2 years now (switched from VZW) and absolutely love them. I had the Sprint 8330 (went through 5 of them) and now the Sprint 9630 (no issues since March - thank god!) When I was having issues, Sprint would tell me I had to go through Sprint. I told them that was unacceptable because I bought the phone through Sprint...not from Blackberry and they had to provide the tech support/service/repair/replacement, etc. It only took that phrase and EVERYTIME they would immediately take it as their responsibility and help me. So if Sprint or anyone else tries to push you off to Blackberry for support (Verizon did this to me everytime - had the 8830 WE ((went through 6 of them))) - tell them you got the phone from the carrier and not Blackberry.
    08-02-10 07:55 AM
    I have had Sprint for 2 years now (switched from VZW) and absolutely love them. I had the Sprint 8330 (went through 5 of them) and now the Sprint 9630 (no issues since March - thank god!) When I was having issues, Sprint would tell me I had to go through Sprint. I told them that was unacceptable because I bought the phone through Sprint...not from Blackberry and they had to provide the tech support/service/repair/replacement, etc. It only took that phrase and EVERYTIME they would immediately take it as their responsibility and help me. So if Sprint or anyone else tries to push you off to Blackberry for support (Verizon did this to me everytime - had the 8830 WE ((went through 6 of them))) - tell them you got the phone from the carrier and not Blackberry.

Sorry** I meant, "I would have to go through Blackberry for support"
    08-02-10 07:57 AM
    hate to burst anyones bubble but any phone including the tours has to have 4 verifiable defects within 6 months of replacements...in other words, the phones have to act up in front of the techs, and has to have been replaced at least 4 times. but sprint also has been very strict when it comes to "free upgrades".
    08-02-10 11:21 AM
    I never, ever had anyone at Verizon (sales reps, corp store mgrs or telephone support) tell me I had to go to BlackBerry or RIM for any type of support, in fact, the exact opposite, they said that I had to go through Verizon for support b/c Verizon sold me the phones and we have bought a ton of them from Verizon over the years including several 8830 WEs and 9630s among many others. CS at sprent is a complete crap-shoot from what some tell me, but that is an improvement over what it used to be like when I had them breifly a few years back for a personal phone.
    08-02-10 12:29 PM
    How do you guys have so many issues with a phone to get it replaced 3,4,5 or 6 times. I've had my tor for almost a year and never once had to take it in. I am thinking about getting a new phone though. Either a new blackberry or the Evo.

08-03-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD