Usually I just wipe my Tour with a generic cleaning cloth (one that came with my PSP). It does the job, but I feel that it isn't really cleaning my device, just spreading it around and giving the impression that the smudges are gone. Anyway, I found a bottle of Eye glass cleaner that I am considering using. The bottle says "safe to use on any lens or coating", but it also says it contains isopropanol. How much of it...I have no idea.

So does anyone think it would still be safe to use on my Tour for a quick clean? Or could the isopropanol possibly deteriorate any protective coating on the Tour's screen?

Thanks!
    11-14-09 12:40 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the screen/protective coating as much as I would worry about any adhesives that are used in the manufacturing process.

Glue + alcohol = FAIL.
    11-14-09 12:44 PM
    I use that on mine and it is fine. I've seen no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:53 PM
    I use industrial strength windex with a loose cotton "wipe all" pad. I spray the windex on the pad.

11-14-09 03:29 PM
    I use lysol wipes. Great for cleaning everything around the house, and disinfects at the same time. Just squeeze out excess fluid before wiping the bb. After wiping, a quick buffing with a clean, soft towel will leave the bb clean, shiny and germ free.

11-14-09 04:15 PM
    I made the mistake of wiping my tour clean with my towel after getting out of the shower...left scratches all over the talk/end keys and the top piece above the screen...couldn't see them indoors but outside in sunlight it looked TERRIBLE. I wish they'd make these things more scratch-resistant!!

I use lysol wipes. Great for cleaning everything around the house, and disinfects at the same time. Just squeeze out excess fluid before wiping the bb. After wiping, a quick buffing with a clean, soft towel will leave the bb clean, shiny and germ free.

11-14-09 04:42 PM
    whatever you try put it on the cloth and not the phone.
    11-14-09 04:49 PM
    I made the mistake of wiping my tour clean with my towel after getting out of the shower...left scratches all over the talk/end keys and the top piece above the screen...couldn't see them indoors but outside in sunlight it looked TERRIBLE. I wish they'd make these things more scratch-resistant!!

That's where BestSkinsEver proves its worth
    11-14-09 05:40 PM
    i use windex or the stuff i use on my glasses and amicrofiber and have no scratches. however i took a little wax and put it on the top by the ear piece and buttons.
    11-14-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD