I had one with a loose battery door on launch day and returned it. I have been holding off getting another because these forums have basically scared me off. When I read that someone has had 5 Tours and the 5th just died, why would I want to take that chance?

I have been trying the iPhone for about a month and have about 3 days to decide if I am keeping it. The problem is that VZW doesn't have anything I like right now besides the Tour.

Can anyone advise me on this?
    08-30-09 07:57 PM
    The Tours are fine.
    08-30-09 08:04 PM
    I got my tour launch morning (7/12) at 9 A.M. and I have not have one single problem with mine...people just gripe and complain about the dumbest little things on here man...go get you one and enjoy it, and by golly if something goes wrong take it back....

GO FOR IT, love mine
    08-30-09 08:09 PM
    Got mine when they first came out. Had no problems. Heck I did not know there were any safety issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:10 PM
    The Tours are fine.
    Not so true, Battery doors, trackball malfunctions, screen issues, muffled voice, bluetooth compatibility........ Fine??
    08-30-09 08:10 PM
    Not so true, Battery doors, trackball malfunctions, screen issues, muffled voice, bluetooth compatibility........ Fine??
    That is exactly what concerns me.
    08-30-09 08:17 PM
    I got mine a few days ago from a Verizon store, and everything seems to be ok. I'm not sure if this matters, but my box had the "green dot" that everyone's been talking about.

The battery door isn't loose.
    The trackball works great so far. No problems with sensitivity.
    I see screen discoloration only when I press down on the screen itself (this is normal, and pressing anywhere else on the phone does not affect the screen).
    I tested with a few friends and voice quality is great on both ends. They could hear me loud and clear.
    I have my phone paired to a Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth headset that I got last year. I tested the sound quality by leaving myself a voicemail, and it sounded fine.

So at this point, I think you should be ok if you get the Tour.
    08-30-09 08:34 PM
    The tour is fine man. If you run into any problems just exchange it. Vzw is usually pretty good with customer complaints and product quality (QA stuff). I bought 2 on launch. Mine was fine and my wife's not so much. However, I waited until there was a "fix" (ie new phones with no issues - aka green dot Tours {for arguments sake}). I went in and got it all sorted out, no questions asked. Her new Tour has 0 issues whatsoever.

Go get yourself another. Check it out BEFORE you leave the parking lot. If you don't feel good about it, take it right back in and have them replace it. Simple as that.

08-30-09 08:41 PM
    All of the one's I've seen come out recently are fine, like over 50+ of them sitting here on my desk...
    08-30-09 08:45 PM
    I purchased my VZW Tour last Tuesday and it's been a problem free so far. Also, it does not have the "green dot" on the box.
    08-30-09 08:54 PM
    In theory NEW Tours should be fine. The trackball issue was fixed and all trackballs are checked prior to leaving the factory. Returns on new Tours are way down. They were not that high to begin with but they are even better now. I'm not so sure on the battery door but my guess is it has also been fixed.
    08-30-09 08:54 PM
    Just got mine on Thursday and the battery door is a little loose, but it's inside a case that I got for it so I'm not concerned with it falling off. I have no other problems at all.
    08-30-09 09:34 PM
    I've had my tour for 2 weeks. Battery door is just right, no problems with trackball. I did have a battery that got too hot but exchanged it and it's fine now.
    08-30-09 09:38 PM
    I got my tour on launch day and I have not had a single problem with my!
    08-30-09 11:10 PM
    I am verizon and I own a non green dot verizon. have not had any problems with it so far and i'm going on two weeks... didn't have to adjust the trackball settings and my battery door is tight. Hope this helps.
    08-30-09 11:12 PM
    Got my Tour on Launch Day and had a small problem with trackball, Verizon replaced it two days ago and I can tell it is working perfectly. The trackball was the only problem and I think BlackBerry has addressed it.
    08-30-09 11:13 PM
    Just go out and get it. These forums make you paranoid I know, but the Tour will be fine. I got mine day 1 and it was fine, and the battery cover moves so slightly that I wouldn't even have really noticed if not for crackberry forums. Get the Tour, I'm still loving mine. Best device I've ever had. Ask to play with one before you buy it that's all. You know the issues that people are reporting, so test them out. I also always take user experiences on forums differently than first hand experiences. The case could just as well be that the person who says he's on his 8th Tour is really on his 3rd, but is pissed and wants to exaggerate to make a point. Or some troll could be posting that is a Storm fanatic and wants the Tour to be a failure because he/she has nothing better to do. You never know lol... Out of the 5 friends I have that got Tours, and probably about 10 others I have encountered through work/classes who have Tours, there was only 1 person who wasn't entirely happy with it just because she didn't like the device. So, I would always advise you to go in the store, try it out and explain to the rep that you want to make sure that it doesn't have these issues. Point being, let YOU decide. Don't let the posts on here influence you as much as your hands on experience. Good luck!
    Last edited by willyg44; 08-30-09 at 11:29 PM.
    08-30-09 11:23 PM
    I got my tour launch morning (7/12) at 9 A.M. and I have not have one single problem with mine...people just gripe and complain about the dumbest little things on here man...go get you one and enjoy it, and by golly if something goes wrong take it back....

GO FOR IT, love mine
    Me too. My battery door is kind of loose but I'll wait a few more months before I replace it
    08-30-09 11:49 PM
    All of the one's I've seen come out recently are fine, like over 50+ of them sitting here on my desk...
    pix or it didn't happen!!!!
    08-31-09 12:05 AM
    Had my Tour for 3 days now and not a single problem. Memory is great well managed, better than the Storm, I get 101mb on my memory on Storm I was only get 28mb.

08-31-09 12:14 AM
    Had my Tour for 3 days now and not a single problem. Memory is great well managed, better than the Storm, I get 101mb on my memory on Storm I was only get 28mb.

actually, the phone will run on lower than 10mb as well as it would run with 54mb, app memory doesn't mean everything, it's mostly the processor that gets gummed up with garbage apps, and then the app memory becomes an issue...but yeah, i'd say that the tour performance is about equal to the storm performance with current supported software available from VZW...
    08-31-09 12:17 AM
    My wife and I got 2 Tours yesterday and I did not see any green dot on the box. I hope they do okay and dont give me a fit. If it does I will get it replaced.
    08-31-09 02:04 AM
    The Tours are fine now...these forums turn people in to BB Hypochondriacs.
    "OMG, it gets a little warm when I've been talking on it for three hours! They better exchange it for a new one OR ELSE!"
    08-31-09 02:28 AM
    The Tours are fine now...these forums turn people in to BB Hypochondriacs.
    "OMG, it gets a little warm when I've been talking on it for three hours! They better exchange it for a new one OR ELSE!"
    in the storm forums it's screen click and memory...

i call it "placebo effect" or sheeple...

if you stare at something, and scrutinize it long enough, eventually you'll find a problem
    08-31-09 02:29 AM

if you stare at something, and scrutinize it long enough, eventually you'll find a problem
    Exactly. Sometimes I think that some people look for stuff to complain about on purpose. They don't feel like they've gotten their money's worth until they've spent 5 hours on the phone with customer support, 5 hours in the retail store, and gone through 5 perfectly good devices.
    08-31-09 02:34 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD