The tour will be my first blackberry. I will be ordering online within the next couple of days. I have a string of weddings to attend next week so i need my escape lol. After reading all the issues the Tour has i've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Should i wait any longer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:22 PM
    all issues have been fixed. go for it
    08-27-09 09:27 PM
    do not buy it the software in real crap, Nice phone but the OS is outdated and lacks integrated functionality . there are much better phones with up to date software the browser is useless sms and email are poor even compared to older smartphones
    Last edited by rappugliese; 08-27-09 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added more
    08-27-09 09:28 PM
    do not buy it the software in real crap, Nice phone but the OS is outdated and lacks integrated functionality .
    what are you smoking?? the OS is extreamly good and very very stable. The Tour is the best CDMA Blackberry on the market Fatest BB browser to date, and like all blackberrys e-mail can't be beat by any other brand. stop trolling
    08-27-09 09:30 PM
    do not buy it the software in real crap, Nice phone but the OS is outdated and lacks integrated functionality . there are much better phones with up to date software the browser is useless sms and email are poor even compared to older smartphones
    Dude! Wrong!

Anyways I'd go for it. I think you'll be okay
    08-27-09 09:32 PM
    The Tour has been great since its launch. Received mine July 14th and its been perfect.

Go for it.

08-27-09 09:33 PM
    i haven't gotten one yet, hopefully this weekend for me but i will say that i believe that the first batch was a bad one with the trackball issues and ripple screens and all. i am going for it and you should too!!!
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    NO! It is not safe! Wait for the new update when RIM adds airbags and seat belts.
    08-27-09 09:35 PM
    NO! It is not safe! Wait for the new update when RIM adds airbags and seat belts.
    you forgot child locks too.
    08-27-09 09:36 PM
    i haven't gotten one yet, hopefully this weekend for me but i will say that i believe that the first batch was a bad one with the trackball issues and ripple screens and all. i am going for it and you should too!!!
    I recommend purchasing at South Independence location in Virginia Beach,they have new stock 2nd batch

2076 S Independence Blvd # 2, Virginia Beach, VA‎
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-27-09 at 10:21 PM.
    08-27-09 09:41 PM
    Will be 2 weeks monday. So far so good.

08-27-09 09:53 PM
    I say go for I did. Are there any gotchas. Well I have small creaky plastic top bit. Other than that its great device. I had a windows mobile before and this software is much better. There is the storm 2 to come out as well. That's if u can hang on until oct. I do fancy the touchpro2. Why - well I just figured out that everything goes through my companies BES... Streaming of any kind don't work.

08-27-09 09:56 PM
    Go for it man! You'll love it!

08-27-09 10:07 PM
    I just got mine on Tuesday, I had the Curve, and it finally died on me. Verizon was kind enough to let me renew my contract earier. So far no serious complaints. Its a heck of a difference coming from the Curve. Day and night I kid you not. I wouldnt go back to the Curve, and I loved my Curve.
    08-27-09 10:10 PM
    No need to wait, the time to start your Blackberry adventure is now! There were issues with some of the launch devices but the ones that are shipping now should be fine. If you are concerned, buy it in the store instead of online and then you can test the device first.

08-27-09 10:17 PM
    I think the issues with the first batch has been resolved. Go for it.

08-27-09 10:21 PM
    I just ordered one online 5 days ago and so far so good, it is actually my wifes phone , I like a lot but I would not trade my storm for it

08-27-09 10:34 PM
    Yep my new replacement is 100% better than my old one. Go right ahead and order safely.
    08-28-09 01:35 AM
    The tour will be my first blackberry. I will be ordering online within the next couple of days. I have a string of weddings to attend next week so i need my escape lol. After reading all the issues the Tour has i've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Should i wait any longer?

Well, if you're going to buy the phone eventually whats the diff between buying it now or later? It's a matter of software updates if it still has issues.
    08-28-09 08:43 AM
    After what build date is considered good and second batch?
    08-28-09 08:53 AM
    After what build date is considered good and second batch?
    Mexico 5, from all accounts I have read, are very good. I can confirm that my Mexico 5 is rock solid (8/1/09 build date).
    08-28-09 09:03 AM
    I concur that the early batch woes have been resolved. Just posted a thread on this but I'll re-iterate here. Launch day handset had crappy trackball side-scrolling, screen ripples, and a wiggly battery door. New unit I received from VZW yesterday has none of those issues, and the overall build quality feels much tighter. Whatever the problems were with the launch units, they seem to have been resolved.
    08-28-09 09:07 AM
    I think he was drunk or something.

Anyways, the Tour is working perfectly fine now. All new shipments seem to be working great.
    08-28-09 09:09 AM
    Its always been fine
    08-28-09 09:13 AM
    I have had the Tour for 2 weeks. Today, I am experiencing menu key problems. It refuses to bring up my full icon page - giving me the short version - with 5 choices. Am I doing something wrong? This is my second BB, so I am pretty knowledgeable, but the phone is quite different from the WE I had.
    08-28-09 09:21 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD