before you start reading I thought I would state this is a rant and just any added opinions on the subject before I hear negative feedback don't read it. Thanks.
    Well I've had my tour since the last week of november '09 and I have only ever had it replaced once for a hardware issure. So I've been contemt until may when the release of the 9650 and talk of OS6 sprang up and talk of my device being obselete. I don't have an issue with my device being obselete in such a short period of time if there was at least something upgrading to and a avariety to choose from. With the upgrade really just being a refresh with more double memory, trackpad, and wifi. Along with support of OS6 it didn't really seem worth wasting an early upgrade. I hoped for a 9130 but with att barely getting it almost half a year after its release I'm looking at, the minimum a year until a cdma varient if any. So being that I'm rim faithful and am not all that into other smartphones especially full touch screen droids I'm thinking of just getting the curve 3G with the upgraded memory and added wifi and trackpad I hope ill be content. Plus I'm getting with the bored tour/bold form factor and am dissapointed rim gave it a bold name with no bold design seeing that its 10x better than the 9650. But I'm also looking at a downgrade in camera(low MP and lack of flash) along with screen res. Idk those are my two downfalls but what do I really have to choose from? Thanks rim. You really make my decision and easy one. *thumbs down*

For those of you hearing me out thanks so much for your time. Much appreciated(: been meaning to get this off my chest to other blackberry lovers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 11:35 PM
    I don't understand. To me, the Bold is still a big upgrade over whatever Curve they throw out there. Better camera and screen for starters.

My line of thinking would be that you may as well stick with the line you're in now and get the Bold, as IMO, you will regret the lower res screen and camera.
    09-21-10 01:44 AM
    But like the faster processor

I don't understand. To me, the Bold is still a big upgrade over whatever Curve they throw out there. Better camera and screen for starters.

My line of thinking would be that you may as well stick with the line you're in now and get the Bold, as IMO, you will regret the lower res screen and camera.
    09-21-10 10:15 AM
    go with what you think and feel is right..
    that's the best way to go
    09-21-10 10:17 AM
    Well OS 6 may be a better OS system but the curve overall is less of a phone than the bold.

I happen to be in the same boat. I am a RIM fan but they are not just behind but falling behind further and further. Their newest and greatest is not even a competition to the new phones out there.

I am not sure what time frame you are looking at but the holidays are coming up and with 4G systems starting to hit more markets you may want to hold on for a little while if you can. Once the 4G market hits there will be a slew of new and upgraded phones that will be coming out.

I am a fan of a full querty keyboard which is one of the reasons I have stuck by BB. However knowing now that many of the newer more powerful smartphones are full touch screen it's time for me to change to the market isntead of staying disgruntled with the manufacturers. I am switching to whatever new droid phone is out in 7 months unless I am wowed with a RIM model
    09-24-10 01:09 AM
    have you thought of switching carriers???
    09-24-10 08:57 AM
    have you thought of switching carriers???
    Well not all of us have the money to switch carriers whenever because of a phone not to mention sprint has a really good plan compared to other places. By upgrade I was refering to the 12 month upgrade sprint offers.

09-24-10 08:58 PM
    I think the 9330 is a downgrade from the Tour and definitely from the 9650. I would never do that.
    09-26-10 02:37 AM
    I went from an S1, to an 8530; it wasn't that bad.
    The screen got done what was needed to be done and that was it.
    The 9330 looks like a great device, and I hope it brings you happiness.
    I also do wish for a CDMA Pearl 3G to come soon.
    09-26-10 02:40 AM
    thats an upgrade regarding Specs, his is a downgrade
    10-01-10 12:15 AM
    Keep the tour and hold out .The tour is a good phone .You will not be happy with the curve downgrade.Dont waste your money on a downgrade.I have never had an issue when i needed WIFI.
    Last edited by brnrubber; 10-01-10 at 07:21 AM.
    10-01-10 07:17 AM
    Going from a Tour to the Curve 3G isn't necessarily a downgrade. And I think that it is faulty logic looking at it in those terms. If you like the Curve 3G, then it is a good phone to use your upgrade for. Because others believe different is irrelevant. I went from an EVO to a Bold 9000. A lot of people claimed that I made a huge mistake. I couldn't be happier about my decision as I type this post accurately and quickly on my new Bold. Its all about what you like. The Curve looks to be a great device.

10-02-10 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD