My partner learned a very valuable lesson... Never install an air conditioner with the Tour in your pocket...

07-17-09 09:21 AM
    Ouch.. I did something similar years ago with my first Razr... was the front screen though... thankfully had insurance but learned a valuable lesson to always take my phone outta my pocket when doing almost anything! haha
    07-17-09 09:24 AM
    damn that sucks hope u got insurance
    07-17-09 09:26 AM
    Ahh, that sucks!

Hopefully he had insurance, though I remember reading somewhere that Verizon doesn't cover screen damage anyway.
    07-17-09 09:26 AM
    Sorry for the double post, but heres a thread from another guy who broke his Tour. There are some suggestions as to how to get it replaced as quickly and cheaply as possible:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/1s...broken-267738/
    07-17-09 09:31 AM
    Damn man. Let us know what Verizon says.
    07-17-09 09:32 AM
    Yeah that is why I get insurance right off the bat!!! before i even open the box.
    07-17-09 09:34 AM
    That sucks....Speaking of insurance...when I bought my Tour at Verizon last Sunday, they told me that my insurance was going up to $7.99 from $5.99 and my deductable is no longer going to be $50. It is now $89. I was like WTF? The sales guy says to me "well, it's not fair that someone with a cheap flip phone pays the same price as someone with a phone like an expensive blackberry". I told him "well it's not fair that they just went ahead and raised the price on me going from a vx6800 which i paid $300 for when I bought it, not $150 like I did for the Tour". Unfortunately, I had to take the insurance cause i've done the things like installing an ac with my phone in my pouch and all sorts of stuff that have led to many insurance claims. Just sucks to pay $8 a month and then $89 for a replacement should i need it.
    07-17-09 09:40 AM
    That sucks....Speaking of insurance...when I bought my Tour at Verizon last Sunday, they told me that my insurance was going up to $7.99 from $5.99 and my deductable is no longer going to be $50. It is now $89. I was like WTF? The sales guy says to me "well, it's not fair that someone with a cheap flip phone pays the same price as someone with a phone like an expensive blackberry". I told him "well it's not fair that they just went ahead and raised the price on me going from a vx6800 which i paid $300 for when I bought it, not $150 like I did for the Tour". Unfortunately, I had to take the insurance cause i've done the things like installing an ac with my phone in my pouch and all sorts of stuff that have led to many insurance claims. Just sucks to pay $8 a month and then $89 for a replacement should i need it.
    Don't feel bad. Sprint's insurance is $7/mo, but the deductible on smartphones is $100. >.< In a sense I guess it balances out... but forkin out $100 sucks. *shrug* Oh Well.
    07-17-09 01:05 PM
    hopfully you have insurance through verizon.. well worth it considering this is a 500 dollar phone!
    07-17-09 01:11 PM
    don't think you need to make a claim for that, $50 fee for cracked screen at VZW.
    07-17-09 01:14 PM
    don't think you need to make a claim for that, $50 fee for cracked screen at VZW.
    WOAH.... you mean VZW replaces cracked screens for only 50$? i never knew that...
    07-17-09 01:20 PM
    WOAH.... you mean VZW replaces cracked screens for only 50$? i never knew that...
    they don't. you have to pay the deductable if you have insurance, then you can get a new phone. I just had to go through this process with my storm a few weeks back from a cracked screen
    07-17-09 01:24 PM
    If people wouldn't replace there phones 10 times then the price wouldn't have gone up. As far as the op sorry to see this happened

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:30 PM
    Damn! I had no idea the insurance deductible went up to $89. I was told there are two insurances. There's the one for 5.99 and then there's one for 7.99 which gives you an extended warranty on your phone. The phones comes with a one year warranty. The 7.99 gives you insurance and a two year warranty on your phone. The two year warranty is only valid if there's an issue with your phone at the fault of the manufacturer and it needs to be replaced. This is what I saw on the VZW website when I got my Tour.
    07-17-09 01:43 PM
    Don't feel bad. Sprint's insurance is $7/mo, but the deductible on smartphones is $100. >.< In a sense I guess it balances out... but forkin out $100 sucks. *shrug* Oh Well.
    my Telus dealer tried to offer me insurance for $80, but it doesn't cover physical damage or scratches... just everything else that's wrong... (???)
    07-17-09 01:45 PM
    That's why you put an OtterBox on the Tour and leave it at that!

As far as the pictures of the cracked screen...

That's torture for us to look at knowing that the device is not even a week old and we're all feanin' addicts on this forum!
    07-17-09 01:46 PM
    Thats messed up! When I purchased my phone I mentioned the insurance and he said I already had the 5.99 a month and that was good.
    07-17-09 01:51 PM
    Well, I am his partner and lucky for me Verizon's insurance rocks...I had no other options and for $89 I get my tour back tomorrow (Saturday delivery at no extra charge) even though I had two replacements on my storm (first time I cracked my screen and second time it was lost/stolen). I am assuming the purchase of the tour reset my insurance....thankfully!
    07-17-09 03:41 PM
    Ouch... talk about screen ripple...
    07-17-09 04:02 PM
    I thought u get a free replacement anyway from the 1 year warranty from the manufacture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 04:32 PM
    that's tough man, good luck with your problem, hopefully VZW will be nice
    07-17-09 04:40 PM
    wow

10 chars
    07-17-09 04:42 PM
    Extended Warranty
    Your Price: $1.99/month

Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Advanced Devices
    Your Price: $6.00/month

Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices
    Your Price: $7.99/month

with the $89 deductible, in case there was any confusion about the insurance plans
    07-17-09 04:47 PM
    Ouch... talk about screen ripple...
    I really thought this is where the thread was going...while I was testing my screen for the ripple......
    07-17-09 06:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD