Ok im sure there are threads already like this, so please be easy on me. But i am up fpr an upgrade on Dec 5th and want to get something other than the Storm. I will not go with the S2 bc its garbage! Is it an upgrade to go to the Tour or the 8530? I need some advice!

Thanks!!!
    11-28-09 10:26 PM
    It depends on whether u want wifi and a trackbad or a better screen resolution and a, in my opinion, a better overall form factor. I prefer the tour, but its personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 10:56 PM
    I don't know why you're saying the S2 is garbage. It's a much better device than the S1 imho.

Having had both, I'd rather have a S1 now than my Tour. The updates in the 5.0 OS made it a much nicer phone.
    11-28-09 11:00 PM
    Well I personally came from the storm2 and I have to say I love my tour way better... The 5.0 hybrid makes this pgone incredible... The storm2 was ok but very much not that different than the storm 1... You will the tour... Especially if you love to type messages and emails in a flash... As far as the 8530 goes don't get it... Its a watered down blackberry for the people who want blackberries but can't afford the prices of the tour...

11-28-09 11:05 PM
    The storm 1 is a horrible phone to say the least. Storm 2 is much better then storm 1, but the Tour in my Opinion is much better then any of the storms. I'm running 5.0 on the Tour and I love it! I hate the touch screen on the storms, I hate having to actually press in a screen until they click which a touch screen phone should not do as it slows you up.

The only thing storm 2 has over the Tour is WIFI. If you want too, wait another month until the Essex (Tour 2) comes out. It will add WIFI, 2gb onboard memory and a Trackpad.
    11-29-09 07:18 AM
    I've had the storm and the tour and the tour in my book has been a much better phone all around. I miss the huge screen but the tour is a better all around phone in my opinion.

11-29-09 07:26 AM
    Last year, on release date, I got the Storm. I loved it, even though I had issues with it. The mute button wouldn't unmute, random reboots, etc. One day, it was fine and 5 minutes later after having done nothing and running the official OS, it just died. By last week, I had gone through 8 Storms total. I know people are going to say it's user error but it wasn't. Last week I took my Storm in due to some strange intermittent issues and was given the chance to get a Tour instead (3 replacements within 90 days) and I took it. I do miss the larger screen and when I plug in with the USB cable I can only view either device memory or the memory card. With the Storm I could view both simultaneously. Besides the screen envy, not having an official 5.0 OS and missing having that fancy touch screen, I am glad I made the switch.
    11-29-09 12:47 PM
    You guys are awesome!! So here is my thing! I switched from Cincinnati Bell with the 8300 to Verizon and had the 8330 for about a year. When the S1 came out i wanted it but had some bad ideas hearing everyones complaints! I ended up buying one from a friend and lucky i havent had any problems with it and OS 5.0 is sweet! I have a couple friends that work at my local Verizon store who let me play with an S2 for a couple days. My issue was the buttons on the screen i could never get to work and had some locking up issues. So i gave it back and just went back to my S1. Honestly i am tired of the touch screen and it has really become a pain typing out message and what not so i wanted to get a new phone and was looking at the tour and say the 8530 as well. I really like the tour but do you guys consider that an upgrade or what? As far as the 8530 i was just looking at it cause it was a new release and thats what my wife wants from an 8330. So should we both just get the Tour???

Again Thanks from everyone and i love the crackberry family!!!!
    11-29-09 07:50 PM
    I am in the same boat, currently using a S1 and looking hard at getting a Tour. The fact that there's no OS 5.0 out yet is kind of a big deal for me because I know it has made my storm so much better over 4.7 I have to assume it will make this phone much better as well. It's just a waiting game for me though for which comes out first, the 5.0 OS for the current Tour 9630 or the Tour2.

If nothing else, BGR gave the Tour the nod as the best blackberry on the VZW network, so there's a vote of confidence for you outside of the normal CB reviews.
    11-29-09 08:20 PM
    I have the S1 (original phone since release 11/21/08) and the Tour. I use both daily on different lines. Since OS 5.0 on the S1 things are so much better that if I HAD to choose between the S1 (or S2) and the Tour I would choose the Storm. The Tour is very good and I have not had problems since I don't use it with bluetooth. Great phone. The only major thing I wish for on the Storm 1 is the 256MB app memory from the Tour. Wifi might be nice but no big deal.

The biggest weakness on either phone is the browser. No phone is perfect. I hope you like what you chose.
    12-01-09 12:24 PM
    Went from the S1 to Tour, Verizon swapped me out for free under warranty and I have 5.0 on the tour and like it very much, it "seems" faster and having an extra 100mb of app memory helps too as I was running down to 0.0 free on the Storm after only a day. The Tour screen is very nice and I actually got used to the trackball quicker than I thought and almost like it better than touch screen. I also do like the physical keypad and find it relatively easy to use and more accurate than the S1!
    12-01-09 12:45 PM
    Tour is overall very nice! You won't be disappointed, unless going to a smaller screen is going to be a huge deal for you. But as you stated, typing is a pain for you on either of the Storms.

I say go to a Verizon store, and play with the new Curve at least to see if you like the trackpad over trackball, and think about whether you care for Wi-Fi on a Tour.

I guess the Tour 2 will be out soon, 1 month, 2 months?
    12-01-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD