06-01-09 11:57 PM
49 12
tools
    I was wondering how many of you will be running out to the VZW store the day that the Tour hits to go and buy it? And how many of you are going to wait and let someone else be the guinea pig for the Tour and see their reviews on it? I remember when the Storm came out it was like a rush of wild animals and those people werent even happy with their Storm.

I am going to wait and read some reviews before I jump and go buy the Tour. I want to make sure it is going to be a solid phone in the end and something that I am going to be completely happy with like my 8330 curve.
    05-29-09 09:57 AM
    I'll be there. Can't say I'll be in line when they open, but I'll be there.
    05-29-09 10:05 AM
    I too love my Curve and I am really excited about the Tour (I tried the Storm this past week with an early loyalty upgrade I received from Verizon)... Needless to say, the Storm is going back... I just can't stand how laggy and slow it is... I'd much rather wait for a qwerty (button) Blackberry that's hot off the press!
    Oh I am so sorry that you went and got the Storm. I played with one and knew right then that the storm was not for me. So are you going to be able to get your upgrade back for the Tour?
    05-29-09 10:13 AM
    Well, I'll be getting it the first day. If I don't like it I'll just return it within 30 days.
    05-29-09 10:28 AM
    i'll be there the day before pestering them to let me buy it early. if they refuse, i'll be back the following morning before they open.
    05-29-09 10:29 AM
    My wife needs a new phone and convinced her to go Blackberry, the Tour to be exact

So I'll be playing with it & checking it out when I set it up for her. I've got a Storm and frustrated with its overall lagginess. My 8830 (VZW) was fast and navigation/responsiveness was fast. I'm thinking the Tour will be similar if not better.
    05-29-09 10:32 AM
    I'll probably hit the store near work shortly after I start my workday... if not then I may have to spend my lunch hour there.

Oh, btw...
    forums.crackberry.com/f141/how-long-would-you-wait-purchase-236141/
    Last edited by Teksu; 05-29-09 at 10:35 AM.
    05-29-09 10:33 AM
    I am going to order it online for a couple of reasons:

1) If there is any kind of discount/rebate, the online one is instant while the in-store one is a mail-in-rebate.

2) I want to unbox it myself without some Verizon rep ripping it out of its box.
    05-29-09 10:38 AM

1) If there is any kind of discount/rebate, the online one is instant while the in-store one is a mail-in-rebate.

2) I want to unbox it myself without some Verizon rep ripping it out of its box.
    i agree. i wont be letting any vzw rep unbox mine either. no scratching the glossy battery cover.
    05-29-09 10:43 AM

Same here. The mailing time won't be that long. Let's just be happy if it is in fact released in July as opposed to later.
    05-29-09 10:59 AM
    I am forced to wait because I can't do an upgrade until December (Christmas gift to myself ). I would still probably wait a little bit anyway though. Hopefully, by the time I am able to get a new Blackberry the Tour, Atlas, Odin and anything else in the pipeline will all be out and I can play with everything then. The other plus is that people will have already started developing themes and apps specifically for OS 5.0 and a few leaked OS upgrades will probably be out there. I will also get to sit back and read the reviews and complaints before I go out and make a purchase. These are all the things I keep telling myself while I know that I will be bright green with envy towards everyone of you luck SOBs that will get this phone on release day. If it gets too bad, I can always add a line and pick one up. My son is 5 right now so he needs a blackberry, right?
    05-29-09 11:07 AM
    ill be taking a nap in the parking lot waiting for the store to open to get it
    05-29-09 03:16 PM
    I'll sit at my PC at 11:55PM the eve of the launch and order it from the site. I can wait one more day for it to be delivered to me.
    05-29-09 04:11 PM
    Online as soon as it's available for me.
    05-29-09 04:18 PM
    I really wanted to wait for it, but my old phone wasn't going to make it till July. I ended up buying an 8830 on eBay, and I'm loving it so far, I'm not really sure whether I'll upgrade or not. I want to, but right now I don't have to worry about a contract or anything, so I'll have to weigh the pros and cons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 04:30 PM
    You people are hilarious - "Running straight to VZW for your Tour?" Come on, I'll be driving..... at like 5am...... and standing....... for at least a few hours..... and then I'll be pushing and shoving like a mad man to make sure I get one the very second it's released!!
    Last edited by Datalux; 05-29-09 at 04:35 PM.
    05-29-09 04:31 PM
    I'll be getting mine at Best Buy to make use of a large gift certificate. But ideally day-of, provided they have it then, which they say they probably will.
    05-29-09 04:39 PM
    I'm gonna snatch it up right away, VZW just sent me a letter for an early upgrade...
    05-29-09 04:41 PM
    My upgrade isn't due until August, so I'm waiting at least until then. I have a love/hate relationship with my Pearl right now - I love the small form factor, love the way it slips easily into my pocket, but suretype is starting to drive me nuts and I don't like the lack of memory. And like Roe already said, with the wait I'll see many hands-on reviews, themes should be built, OS leaks, all the fun stuff...
    05-29-09 04:43 PM
    I learned from the Storm to sit back, be patient and wait on it
    05-29-09 04:56 PM
    You people are hilarious - "Running straight to VZW for your Tour?" Come on, I'll be driving..... at like 5am...... and standing....... for at least a few hours..... and then I'll be pushing and shoving like a mad man to make sure I get one the very second it's released!!

haha I am in the same boat accept I think I will be there at 3 am because well I will just be to impatient.
    05-29-09 05:14 PM
    I learned my lesson with the storm. I think Ill be waiting on this one. But at the same time one would hope that RIM and big red wouldn't get it wrong twice in a row.

So who knows ill just have to see how it goes as the release date gets closer.
    05-29-09 08:33 PM
    Well, I'll be getting it the first day. If I don't like it I'll just return it within 30 days.
    Me too....hopefully my old LG dumbphone lasts until the 9630 gets here.
    05-29-09 08:46 PM
    yep ill be right their when the doors open
    05-30-09 12:46 AM
    I will be there , night before , like normal lol.
    05-30-09 12:48 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD