I am on VZW and have been frustrated with the fluctuating signal bar. I hoped the newest OS would take care of the problem, but no such luck. I tried flipping over the SIM card...same thing. Did *228...same thing.

Today, I ran the diagnostic tool in the wireless connections menu and I haven't noticed it fluctuate AT ALL. In fact, I actually have 1 more bar than I previously did at home. I'm wondering if the diagnostic tool also performs an optimization. Hope others can benefit from this.
    11-25-09 08:07 PM
    I am on VZW and have been frustrated with the fluctuating signal bar. I hoped the newest OS would take care of the problem, but no such luck. I tried flipping over the SIM card...same thing. Did *228...same thing.

Today, I ran the diagnostic tool in the wireless connections menu and I haven't noticed it fluctuate AT ALL. In fact, I actually have 1 more bar than I previously did at home. I'm wondering if the diagnostic tool also performs an optimization. Hope others can benefit from this.
    I tried it once and it froze my phone. Doubt it fixes signal but maybe its worth another try.
    11-25-09 08:11 PM
    What if you do a system test of your reception from the Status menu? I'm not even sure if that's an option, but if you got such great results from that kind of test, maybe a system test would provide better results.

And for the people who didn't have luck, maybe the new type of test will provide some results...
    11-25-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD